Senior IT Operations Manager
Mapbox is building a live location platform. Our maps represent the ever-evolving world, accessing, aggregating, and adapting anonymous data from millions of sensors and phones in real-time. Mapbox has the exciting opportunity to power devices and products across the next frontier in location-based data. Whether you’re watching the delivery of your grocery order on Instacart, tracking your personal best mile on Strava, sending snaps on Snapchat, monitoring your gas budget on Metromile, or checking today’s forecast on The Weather Channel, Mapbox is the location and maps within those apps. We’re changing how people move by live-mapping the world.
You bring a deep understanding of IT technologies and will champion the best IT systems design to multiple departments, stakeholders, and decision makers across Mapbox. You will enable internal customers to be productive and ensure stability, uptime, and security while providing world-class service. You will provide thought leadership and promote modern workplaces that enable people to perform their roles effectively and securely from anywhere. Your strong leadership skills and experience growing/developing corporate IT teams will inspire, enable, mentor, and lead them to drive a customer-centric culture. We’re seeking someone who thrives with continuous improvement, documentation, scalability, and optimizing global support.
What You’ll Do
- Global accountability for roadmaps, performance, and availability of the Corporate IT systems assigned to the IT team
- Provide mentorship, coaching, and professional development to a team of direct reports
- Serves as a focal point to the company in collaboration with the leadership team for purchase, tracking, integration, testing, operation, and disposition of all changes to company-wide technology owned by the IT team
- Translate highly complex IT concepts in ways that a variety of audiences can understand; influence senior leadership to adopt new ideas, products, and/or approaches
- Manage Onboarding/Offboarding and IT request ticketing system SLAs
- Provide IT license forecasting, budget, contract negotiations, billing, financial analysis, and manage vendor requests
- Lead a team that provisions, manages assets, secures end-user devices, and deploys testing equipment, including laptops and A/V
- Manage end-user incidents and request tickets with data and metrics-driven decisions
- Compile reports/metrics for service performance and quality
- Experience with vendor performance management - development and monitoring of SOWs and deliverables, SLA compliance, and general vendor relationship management
- Ensure employee lifecycle support and internal processes are documented and updated continually for IT scalability
- Negotiate contract agreements, training, setup, and continued relationship of MSP vendors for our software catalog
- Manage On Call team services monitoring and escalation policies
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5+ years experience as an IT Manager with direct reports and a globally distributed team
- Knowledge of administering SaaS applications including: Google Workspace, Zoom, Slack, Adobe, DropBox, Office365, Expensify, Atlassian Suite, OnSpi, and Okta IdP management
- Knowledge of MDM experience with JAMF or Airwatch, both a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills for troubleshooting complex systems issues
- Strong organization, prioritizing, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- Strong technical documentation and experience building process to scale
- High level of tolerance and flexibility to address complex cross-functional issues and to reach compromises with key stakeholders through collaboration, escalation, and arbitration
- Strong cross functional collaboration with executive level team members and ability to support special ad-hoc projects
- Strong verbal and written communication, able to share information and ideas with others, and good listening skills
- Experience managing an on call rotation across multiple services
- Understanding of a variety of compliance frameworks such as SOC2, ISO270001, SOX is a plus
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who deep dive into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Something looks off?