FP&A Business Partner
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
- Collaborate closely with leaders and budget owners across Mapbox
- Lead planning and budgeting conversations on behalf of the finance team
- Manage monthly and quarterly forecast for gross margin, operating expenses, and headcount
- Assist with preparation of board and management presentations, reviewing business performance and outlooks
- Provide business analysis and financial modeling to teams, including ad hoc scenarios, ROI analyses, and application of investment criteria
- Perform cost control analysis and reviews, regular management reporting of actuals to budget and operating plans
- Provide clear and concise variance explanations
- Partner with the Mapbox accounting team and international subsidiaries to ensure accurate and timely G/L global close and reporting
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Hands-on experience scoping, building, and maintaining budget models and rolling forecasts
- Experience with consumption revenue models
- Experience with complex pricing and highly dynamic cost models
- Experience with planning and budget management across multiple offices, departments, teams, and currencies
- Expert status with Excel
- 3-6 years of work experience
- Calm under pressure, excited to be at a startup and able to enjoy the uncertainty and ever-changing nature of a high-growth company
- Experience supporting R&D and/or G&A functions, SQL experience, and NetSuite experience bonuses
- Experience understand SaaS metrics for Sales, Marketing, and efficiency KPIs
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
The US National salary range for this position is $106,675 - $170,775, depending on level, plus equity and benefits. There is an additional location premium included with base salary for candidates in the following locations: San Francisco, New York City, District of Columbia, Seattle, Boston, Los Angeles, Portland, Sacramento, and San Diego.