Junior 3D Artist, 3D Mapping
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
- Produce various 3D content for Mapbox maps and navigation (architectural and environmental objects, different assets etc.);
- Be responsible for full cycle of 3D objects creation and their high quality in production : from stylization, through mid-poly modeling, texturing, shading and QA till production release;
- Work with cartographic data within 3D content creation pipeline;
- Contribute into improvement of team processes, pipeline, techniques and documentation;
- Interact with technical artists, designers and other team members;
- Participate in R&D initiatives and experiments.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Strong skills in 3D modeling (working with stylization of architecture is a favor);
- Knowledge of Blender;
- +6 month of experience in production;
- English B1 (A2 is a critical minimum);
- Strong communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with distributed teams;
- Readiness to execute repetitive daily routine and operations on 3D content production;
- Desire to learn and develop, willingness to learn from different perspectives
- Empathy and desire to help your peers grow.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity