Software Development Engineer III, C++, Core SDK
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
As a Staff C++ Engineer in Core SDK team you will lead the design, development and adoption of the SDK of foundational C++ libraries (common functionalities, such as location, logging, billing, networking, telemetry and their bindings) for all of our mobile and embedded products. In this role you will be responsible for:
- Establishing the policy and pushing the standards of how the core libraries should be used in the products
- Driving the adoption of the core libraries by the teams by mentoring, supporting and helping them
- Ensuring the modern C++ and other industry standards are used to support mobile platform specific implementation
- Coaching, training and mentoring of colleagues
- Participating in recruitment
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Experience of leading modern software development with complex architecture, with projects in multicultural environment and geographically distributed teams
- Strong in modern C++, algorithms and performance optimization
- Curiosity, enthusiasm, eagerness to solve challenging technical problems using emerging technologies
- Leadership qualities, strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to collaborate effectively with distributed teams and end customers
- Empathy and kindness; willingness to learn from different perspectives and patience to help others grow
Nice to Have Traits for This Role
- Experience of SDK development is a plus
- Experience of mobile SW development is a plus
- Embedded platforms (Linux embedded, Android, QNX) is a plus
- Location technologies (maps, GIS) is a plus
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity