Software Development Engineer II, iOS, Maps SDK
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
The Maps SDK team builds the public library that powers our mobile maps. Customers of our SDK include apps on Android and iOS, small and large. We work with devices of all shapes and forms, from the latest flagship phone to tablets, laptops, smartwatches, HMD, and embedded boards. Our developers build apps, games and navigation experiences that top the App Store and Play Store rankings, and we are constantly working together to help them build what’s next, whether that’s an Augmented Reality game, a popular consumer app, or an autonomous driving experience.
What You'll Do
- Build and evolve our popular mapping and location SDKs
- Craft expressive and easy to use APIs for developers using our SDKs
- Dive deep into the underlying cross-platform implementations that power our frameworks
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- A focus on native technologies, such as Objective-C and how APIs created in Objective-C bridge to Swift
- Experience with testing methodologies and frameworks like XCTest
- Desire to build frameworks and developer tools
- Commitment to high quality
- Passionate to earn and keep customer trust
- Desire to learn and to teach
- Open-minded to explore new languages, skills, techniques, and platforms
Nice to Have Traits for This Role
- Experience with SwiftUI and Flutter is a plus
- Familiarity with or a desire to learn more about C++ and Metal is a plus
- Experience building SDKs in any language is a plus
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity