Software Development Engineer II, Android, EV
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
The Navigation EV Team at Mapbox is responsible for the end-to-end development of the Electric Vehicle (EV) charging experience on a global scale. This consists of a cloud-based EV Platform, mobile SDKs, and frameworks providing a seamless integration of our enterprise customers to our EV Platform.
We are a small, collaborative, and innovative team building and refining two major APIs:
- The EV Search API enables location discovery for customers who are looking for an EV charging station and its exact location;
- The EV Charging Session API enables EV POI reservations, charging session management, payments and billing, as well as a variety of ETL and data pipeline processes that ensure that EV charging station data is kept up-to-date.
If you are passionate about creating innovative solutions that solve complex global data problems for the EV customer charging and navigation experience, this opportunity is right for you!
What You'll Do
As a Senior Android Engineer, you'll partner closely with your team to define, develop, and deliver the roadmap and the technical direction of our greenfield product. You will solve complex technical problems relevant to the car. We love to experiment and move fast to best serve our customers.
- Build end-to-end software solutions that provide a connected and enjoyable customer experience;
- Incorporate best practices, produce secure, testable, maintainable, and extensible code;
- Work with your Engineering Manager, Product Manager, backend engineers, designers, and other dependent cross-functional teams to build and ship technical solutions for the best customer experience;
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software;
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 5 years of software engineering experience.
- 3 years of experience with Android application development.
- Strong proficiency in Kotlin with at least 2 years of experience.
- System architecture experience and understanding of architectural concepts.
- Experience testing and launching software products.
- Participate in, or lead design reviews with peers and stakeholders to decide amongst available technologies.
- Desire to work in a cross-functional and collaborative environment.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity