Sr. Business Development Lead, China Market
Auto is undergoing a massive change towards electric and autonomous vehicles with a fully connected user experience - you’ve seen this in your work. At a time where these changes are actually reaching a tipping point, Mapbox delivers real-time updated maps, a polished user experience and AI vision enabling our OEM customers to build the future of mobility. We take a consultative, long-term partnership approach in developing business with our customers. We obsess with them about their drivers to create delightful experiences unique to their brand and we work with them to evolve in-car applications continuously throughout the lifetime of the vehicle. As a business development lead you’ll be responsible for the acquisition and management of some of the most valuable Chinese OEM accounts - BYD, Nio, SAIC, XPeng and others - many of whom we already work with. You will develop new opportunities around in-car navigation, augmented reality, ADAS and automated driving and manage our customer relationships from the first contact on. You’ll be the go-to person and senior advisor in everything related to location technology. You will develop term sheets for new projects and negotiate contracts that enable long-term account growth. You will engage partners in the automotive supplier space to position Mapbox for growth in the market. Location is a fundamental enabler of the future of mobility and the journey is just getting started. If you’re excited to build this future together with our customers, we’d love to hear from you.
What You'll Do
- Develop first of a kind opportunities with key accounts and advise customers on their location product strategy for navigation and automated driving products and lead complex proposal processes (RFI/RFQ/RFP) end to end
- Build and foster connections with key senior decision makers, building lasting relationships between our partners and Mapbox
- Shape and translate the Mapbox value proposition specifically for the Chinese market
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes, particularly around in-car navigation, mobile companion applications, automated driving, augmented reality and electric vehicle routing
- Involve the Mapbox product leadership directly in the business development process to shape our technical roadmap
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Chinese (Mandarin) and English proficiency required; Japanese language proficiency is valued but not essential
- 10+ years of experience developing and negotiating complex deals involving a technical product
- Consultative and solutions-oriented sales approach
- Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size, and complexity of deals closed (you’ll be focused on seven and eight figure opportunities), and rapport with engineers and product owners
- Ability to manage complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers & developers, and up to C-level leadership
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
MAPBOX WILL NOT ACCEPT CANDIDATE INTRODUCTIONS FROM 3RD PARTY RECRUITMENT AGENCIES FOR THIS POSITION.