Technical Program Manager III, Auto, China
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
- As a Technical Program Manager (TPM) you will ensure the success of strategic customer programs by leading time-bound, scope-defined technical engagements with our Premium Support customers.
- You will be a member of a skilled team of collaborative individuals whose goal is to manage technical programs, launches, and migrations across all our key customers and partners.
- The TPM will serve as the business liaison between our premier customers’ needs and all cross-functional teams within Mapbox, including our leadership, Product Management, Engineering, Sales/Renewals, Technical Support, and others.
- We are in the business of finding solutions for customer success using the Mapbox product suite. TPMs are part of the Customer Experience team, which is key in helping our strategic customers achieve their strategic objectives and obtain maximum value from their investment.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
Ideal candidates are leaders who own their impact, drive results, and proactively collaborate to ensure the success of our customers and our Customer Engagement team.
- Chinese (Mandarin) and English proficiency required
- Experience working in APAC region required
- 5+ years technical project management experience driving large scale software implementations, managing and growing multi-million dollar customer accounts and expanding existing business relationships
- 5+ years deep technical experience managing software build and launch projects for large scale applications
- 5+ yrs experience building business strategy in geo-enriched consumer experience and enterprise applications verticals.
- 5+ yrs experience driving results for customers that impact their topline metrics.
- Strong technical acumen and curiosity and experience driving solutions to complex, unsolved challenges in the software or platform space. A background in hands on software development a big plus.
- Proven track record of understanding customer requirements, identifying problems, finding and implementing technical solutions with a collaborative approach to the partnership software development teams.
- Proven experience with improving success rates and timeliness of key customer launches; assessing the health of customer programs and launches; increasing adoption rates of strategic beta programs; and increasing adoption rates of strategic beta programs
- 5+ years of experience working in Customer Engagement, Account Management, or Solutions Architecture roles within technical organizations.
- 5+ years of experience in the location platform development industry.
- Excellent executive presence as well as presentation. Strong verbal and written communication skills are required - specifically, an ability to tailor communications and collaborate at different levels of the business and with customers - from engineering to top management.
- B.S. or higher degree
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity