Sales Account Manager
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
- Reporting to the Head of EMEA, you will build and own relationships with Mapbox’s most strategic customers, from first contact to product launch and beyond, ensuring that we grow with them.
- Source new business revenues from a defined list of targets you will own and continue to nurture, grow & expand those accounts.
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes.
- Communicate customer/prospect needs and industry patterns back to Mapbox product teams to influence our technical roadmap.
- Develop and execute strategies to expand Mapbox’s adoption in key industry verticals, working closely with the marketing team to tell our customers’ success stories.
- Mentor more junior members of the sales team to help grow talent internally.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry experience, size and complexity of deals closed (you’ll be focused on six and seven-figure opportunities), and rapport with engineers and product owners.
- Strong prospecting skills using LinkedIn, Sales Navigator and identification tools to help you source new leads.
- Ability to navigate complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with engineers and developers up to C-level leadership.
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches.
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team.
- A level of diligence regarding capture, update & reporting of key data within your territory.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity