Software Development Engineer II, iOS, Navigation SDK
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You’ll Do
The Navigation SDK team builds frameworks and applications that power navigation everywhere. Customers of our SDK include automotive, logistics and consumer apps on Android and iOS, small and large. Our developers build apps and navigation experiences that top the App Store and Play Store rankings, and we are constantly working together to help them build what’s next, whether that’s an Augmented Reality app, an AI powered experience, a popular consumer app, or an autonomous driving experience.
In this role, you can expect to:
- Be responsible for feature development in SDK and application layers;
- Create an out-of-the-box solution utilizing multiple Mapbox SDKs: Navigation, Maps and Search - to get our customers’ apps up and running at virtually no cost;
- Work on the latest technologies including AI, SwiftUI, KMM, and TCA (The Composable Architecture);
- Working closely with C++ and Android teams on system design and feature parity;
- Manage testing pipeline and release artifacts;
- Provide comprehensive documentation developers will find easy to follow;
- Review code and design documents, shepherd feature releases;
- Evaluate the quality, reliability, and capacity requirements of our user-facing products and become a well-rounded owner of what you deliver;
- Work with product owners, sales engineering, and management to drive future product direction.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Strong proficiency in Swift with 3+ years of experience;
- Desire to build frameworks with robust iterative improvements to API;
- Understanding the customer feedback loop and driving it to the highest standard;
- Being excellent team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment;
- Desire to learn and to teach;
- Passion about programming and having a strong focus on performance aspects;
- Implementation of automated testing with XCTest and CI pipelines (e.g. CircleCI);
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools such as Git;
- Understanding of bridging native C++ libraries is a plus;
- Familiarity with or a desire to learn more about C++ is a plus;
- Experience building SDKs in any language is a plus.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapboxers:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity