Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
We are looking for a Vehicle Fleet Manager to partner closely with a talented group of test driving specialists, engineers and product managers developing the future of routing, guidance, traffic management, and customer facing stakeholders to build and strengthen a vehicle-centric culture, scale our in-vehicle testing processes globally in key customer markets, and enable greater testing of quality and driving experience.
What You'll Do
- Take ownership of the Mapbox SF fleet of vehicles and their end-to-end management.
- Own all aspects of vehicle management – from procurement, parking/storage, access controls, security, maintenance, decommissioning and disposal.
- Build out driver onboarding and training to ensure the safety of in-house testing personnel.
- Handle vehicle issue escalations raised by Mapbox testers and build processes to rapidly get vehicles back into service and increase utilization.
- Build cross-functional, internal partnerships that promote a culture of “drive testing” within Mapbox and support your unit of business.
- Partner with Mapbox Auto team, product/engineering stakeholders and external customer teams to load, test, and maintain up to date testing/demo software in vehicles.
- Coordinate on-site appointments with Mapbox teams and customers to ensure the high-impact demos of Mapbox Dash.
- Hold 1:1 feedback sessions with your team and internal stakeholders to review metrics, understand business/testing needs, and improve your service offering.
- Proactively track key metrics and manage fleet costs to sustainably scale our vehicle fleet operations to new geographies.
- Always be forward looking to identify key performance gaps, improvements to process, etc. that should be addressed.
- Present quantitative and qualitative findings on a regular cadence to company leaders and drive high-impact decisions.
- Work to improve the driver experience and have a passion for doing the same.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- At least 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Industry experience. You have worked closely in the operation or management of vehicle, drive testing, quality assurance of automotive embedded software/systems
- Software troubleshooting. Comfortable with linux commands use of terminal, ssh access, to fetch logs and debug issues.Ownership & execution: Own the vision, lead the strategy and guide the team to execute building the future of Mapbox’s test vehicle fleet.
- Self starter. You take initiative, begin initiatives individually, and comfortable to work without supervision.
- Customer focus: You care deeply about your customers and their problems, and you work tirelessly to innovate on their behalf.
- Process oriented. You pay attention to how things are done, create simple, repeatable processes, and continuously check to drive greater efficiencies.
- Communication. You are a clear, savvy and tactful communicator and can interface at all levels whether you are working with internal stakeholders or external customer teams.
- Valid driver's license. Ability to drive as required.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
By applying for this position, you acknowledge that you have received the Mapbox Non-US Privacy Notice for applicants, which is linked here. Completing this application requires you to provide personal data, such as your name and contact information, which is mandatory for Mapbox to process your application.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity