Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
We’re seeking a talented and creative Sr Web Design Specialist (webflow developer) to join us in shaping our web experience by creating beautiful and compelling pages and websites. In your role as webflow developer, your day-to-day tasks will focus on developing web pages prepared by our designers as well as maintaining our website infrastructure.
What You'll Do
- Join a team that owns mapbox.com from design and front-end standpoint.
- Create new product pages and microsites using Webflow
- Develop, test, and maintain scalable, high-performing web pages.
- Responsible for the success of mapbox.com acting as a product manager measuring and analyzing the effectiveness of the website to meet business goals.
- Enable the wider Mapbox organization to own their respective areas of the website training business users how to create content using the Webflow CMS.
- Delight visitors with compelling designs and modern animations that enrich the page content.
- Identify and troubleshoot backend issues; optimize websites for maximum speed and scalability.
- Focus on ways to boost SEO and run multiple experiments providing data to confirm your hypotheses.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 3+ years of front-end development experience, with at least 2 years working with advanced Webflow customization experience
- Manage all technical aspects of the website including front-end and familiarity with back-end development
- Experience with design tools like Figma and Adobe Suite.
- Knowledge of responsive website design fundamentals and modern best practices
- Experience with search engine optimization (SEO) and landing page optimization.
- Ability to work autonomously on high-impact projects, while keeping cross-functional stakeholders informed at key decision points.
- Ability to manage different projects, prioritize tasks, and communicate deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Prone to action, willing to roll up your sleeves and iterate to find the best solution.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Our annual base compensation for this role ranges from $97,750 - $132,250 for most US locations and 5% to 10% higher for US locations with a higher cost of labor. Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity