Head of Sales, On-Demand Logistic Vertical
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
As Head of Sales, On-Demand Logistic vertical, you will lead a team of Account Managers and Account Executives that help our customers grow and get value from the Mapbox platform. This is a key leadership position responsible for driving revenue growth and market share within the On-Demand Logistic vertical. This role involves managing both new and existing business relationships, implementing effective sales strategies, and ensuring the overall success of the sales team.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Strategic Sales Planning: develop in collaboration with Product and Marketing and execute a comprehensive sales strategy tailored to the unique challenges and opportunities in the On-Demand Logistic vertical. Identify and prioritize target key accounts to maximize revenue opportunities.
- New Business Development: lead efforts to acquire new clients and expand the customer base, building and nurturing relationships with key decision-makers.
- Existing Business Management: foster strong relationships with existing clients, identifying opportunities for upselling to maximize revenue. Work closely with the Technical Program Manager and Support teams to address client needs and concerns.
- Sales Team Leadership: recruit, develop, and manage a high-performing sales team, monitoring performance and providing coaching and mentorship to ensure individual and collective success. Create a team culture that’s positive, motivating, and results driven
- Collaboration and Communication: collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure a seamless customer experience, communicating market trends, competitive activities and customer feedback to inform product and service enhancements.
- Sales Forecasting and Reporting: develop and maintain accurate sales forecasts, providing regular updates to the executive team, and prepare comprehensive sales reports.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 6+ years experience leading sales teams that achieve/exceed quota in Fortune 2000 accounts
- Experience serving the On-Demand Logistic vertical
- An infectious energy and inspire the people around you
- Develop strategy and execution. See the larger picture while you dive into the details to get things done
- Experience in aligning sales organizations with Product during the opportunity lifecycle
- Goal-oriented mindset, able to work individually as well as collectively with a team
- Comfort working in fast-paced environments as well as working through ambiguity that can often develop when sales and product roadmaps are iterating and adapting quickly
- Curious, constantly learning, and adaptable. Excited by the complex and changing nature of Mapbox. You also believe sales is evolving, and you’re determined to bring Mapbox to the cutting edge
- Empower teams to creatively problem-solve, and are motivated to mentor up-and-coming talent and well as more senior sellers
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Our annual OTE compensation for this role ranges from $318,750 - $431,250 for most US locations and 5% to 10% higher for US locations with a higher cost of labor. Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity