Sales Compensation Lead
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
- Lead the design and execution of sales compensation strategy in partnership with customer engagement leadership, finance, HR, and legal teams.
- Lead and manage key deliverables of sales compensations, commissions, incentives, and programs in a high growth business environment.
- Continuously monitor and proactively improve our compensation and incentive processes through systems, standardization, and automation.
- Implement new and improved sales compensation systems for tracking business performance, attainment, compensation policies and payouts.
- Be the subject matter expert on all sales compensation plans, while also gaining a comprehensive understanding of the sales process and drivers of the GTM.
- Own and manage the regular commission processes such as data compilation, participant setups, commission/bonus calculations, audits, review of compensation costs and payments, data integrity, and compliance with SOX, GDPR, policy and compensation plans to ensure timeliness and accuracy.
- Build detailed compensation guidelines and provide policy training to sales organization.
- Develop effective presentations for senior leadership and articulate hypothesis, insights and key actions for continuous improvement.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Statistics, Math, related field or equivalent practical experience.
- +5 years of experience leading sales compensation for a digital-native or SaaS or an Enterprise sales organization.
- Experience using SQL to extract and manipulate data.
- Experience with compensation management tools (e.g., Anaplan, SAP etc.), Salesforce reporting, business intelligence platforms.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Our annual base compensation for this role ranges from $153,000.00 - $227,000.00 for most US locations and 5% to 10% higher for US locations with a higher cost of labor. Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.