RAVE I, Data Quality
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
High-quality data is the foundation of all Mapbox products. Data RAVE is a key division inside Mapbox, which is responsible for acquiring, processing, and delivering high quality location-oriented data to enable internal and external Сustomers. RAVE Data Quality Specialists are responsible for quality of the visual Mapbox map by moderating OpenStreetsMap data and providing quality assessment for a third-party vendor data.
What You'll Do
- You will validate huge volumes of OpenStreetMap edits (i.e. up to thousands of edits daily) and detect vandal and low-quality data;
- You will analyze, classify and sort large volumes of various data (e.g. up to several tens of thousands of images or map features per week);
- You will edit large volumes of data in specialized tools, create various content for Mapbox map and navigation services and products;
- You will make cartographic edits in OpenStreetMap or contribute to the enrichment of map data by using specialized tools;
- You will provide data quality assessment and research, detect patterns and define criterias for assessment;
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- Proficiency in English, ability to communicate clearly in written and verbal communication, read and write documentation. (Critical minimum A2, preference for candidates - B1 and above). Please, indicate the level of English proficiency in your CV;
- Understanding OSM service and have an interest in cartography (if you have an account with OSM edits, please, specify in your CV);
- Ability to execute monotonous work in large volumes on a high level of personal efficiency;
- Ability to stay focused on a repetitive work during a working day, keeping high quality and accuracy of data processing;
- Presence of logic, ability to reason and act independently;
- Analytical mindset and ability to identify common patterns in large volumes of information;
- Resistant to stress in a rapidly changing situation;
- A quick learner, ability to switch between projects with different workflow or instructions, multi-tasking;
- Ability to work in a team and high communicative skills.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity