Senior Business Development Manager, Automotive
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What You'll Do
- Develop first of a kind opportunities with key accounts and advise customers on their location product strategy for navigation and automated driving products and lead complex proposal processes (RFI/RFQ/RFP) end to end
- Build and foster connections with key senior decision makers, building lasting relationships between our partners and Mapbox
- Shape and translate the Mapbox value proposition
- Combine Mapbox building blocks with deep customer knowledge to present compelling technical solutions with clear business outcomes, particularly around in-car navigation, mobile companion applications, automated driving and electric vehicle routing
- Involve the Mapbox product leadership directly in the business development process to shape our technical roadmap
- Develop and execute strategies to expand Mapbox’s adoption in key industry verticals, working closely with the marketing team to tell our customers’ success stories
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
- 10+ years of experience developing and negotiating complex deals involving a technical product
- Consultative and solutions oriented sales approach
- Strong technical sales aptitude demonstrated through a combination of industry
experience, size and complexity of deals closed (you’ll be focused on seven and eight
figure opportunities), and rapport with engineers and product owners
- Ability to navigate complex customer relationships, developing trust and influence with
engineers and developers up to c-level leadership
- Ability to collaborate across Mapbox teams including engineering, support, and
marketing to close business and ensure successful customer launches
- Deep curiosity, empathy, and grit — we’re partnering with our customers to solve hard problems, and we win as a team
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Our annual base compensation for this role ranges from $149,600 - $222,525 for most US locations and 5% to 10% higher for US locations with a higher cost of labor. Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity