Developer Evangelist - Content Specialist
Mapbox is the leading real-time location platform for a new generation of location-aware businesses. Mapbox is the only platform that equips organizations with the full set of tools to power the navigation of people, packages, and vehicles everywhere. More than 3.9 million registered developers have chosen Mapbox because of the platform’s flexibility, security, and privacy compliance. Organizations use Mapbox applications, data, SDKs, and APIs to create customized and immersive experiences that delight their customers.
What We Do
The Marketing and Communications team at Mapbox is responsible for shaping the company's public image and promoting its cutting-edge location technology solutions. Through building strategic campaigns, high-quality content, and excellent documentation, the team effectively communicates Mapbox value to customers, prospects, developers, partners, and stakeholders. Our goal is to highlight product features, share customer success stories, and build brand awareness, showcasing Mapbox as the leading location technology company.
What You'll Do
As part of the Mapbox Developer Relations team, you will inspire and equip all who build with Mapbox tools and services. In addition to helping maintain docs.mapbox.com and various developer-focused resources, you will help manage several outward-facing community programs including a Discord Server with a membership of over 8,000+ developers, a network of Mapbox freelancers, and developer-focused social media engagement. You will report to the Senior Developer Evangelist.
- Create engaging developer-focused content inclusive of written tutorials, video tutorials, blog and social media posts, FAQs, troubleshooting guides, and documentation.
- Triage user feedback from docs.mapbox.com, working with partners around the organization to correct, improve, and create documentation to empower our developer community.
- Work with Mapbox product teams to ensure that their documentation is excellent and in keeping with the high standards of language, design, and consistent with the overall Mapbox docs. Support new product launches with docs and supporting developer content.
- Support the other efforts of the Developer Relations team, including community initiatives and maintenance of the docs platform and other developer tools.
What We Believe are Important Traits for This Role
We are looking for a North America-based developer evangelist to focus on outward-facing developer community initiatives. Ideal candidates have 3-5 years of experience with technical content creation activities and a diverse skillet in content creation across various mediums.
We can’t wait to work with you to inspire and equip the Mapbox developer community.
- Empathy with developers is critical, along with technical curiosity and the ability to connect developers with the resources they need. You don’t need to know all of the answers on your own, but will need to forge internal and external relationships so that the answers are within reach.
- Experience with technical writing and producing/editing technical video content is required. You will need to plan and execute simultaneous content projects, manage internal and external stakeholders, and see projects through to completion/publishing.
- As much of the content created will be static content on docs.mapbox.com, you must be comfortable contributing to a website built with a static site generator (git/github workflows, markdown, react.js, etc)
- A solid and diverse technical foundation is important, as Mapbox’s software spans both frontend and backend, along with various platforms including web, mobile, and embedded environments. Experience with the Mapbox suite of products and/or digital mapping and location technologies in general is preferred.
What We Value
In addition to our core values, which are not unique to this position and are necessary for Mapbox leaders:
- We value high-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and opportunities.
- We believe in individuals being their whole selves at work. We commit to this through supportive health care, parental leave, flexibility for the things that come up in life, and innovating on how we think about supporting our people.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply.
Our annual base compensation for this role ranges from $71,825 - $97,175 for most US locations and 5% to 10% higher for US locations with a higher cost of labor. Job level and actual compensation will be decided based on factors including, but not limited to, individual qualifications objectively assessed during the interview process (including skills and prior relevant experience, potential impact, and scope of role), market demands, and specific work location. Please discuss your specific work location with your recruiter for more information.
Mapbox is an EEO Employer - Minority/Female/Veteran/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity