IT Operations Manager
Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health challenges by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for an IT Operations Manager to join us in HELSINKI, FINLAND!
A FEW REASONS WHY PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT MERU HEALTH:
- Mission with strong social impact. Help pioneer a new approach to mental healthcare (using human support, biofeedback, and digital tools) to help 10 million people over mental health challenges by 2027.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety are paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity and diversity of thought.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
As our IT operations manager you’ll ensure seamless IT operations and top-level cybersecurity for our global team. You’ll report to our CTO and work closely with our technology and HR teams. You lead our small IT operations team (currently one person), managing and coaching its members, fostering collaboration and providing IT support to all teams in the company. You are responsible for establishing and upholding an effective information security framework, and leading SOC2 compliance endeavors, while staying current with security advancements and regulations.
WHAT THIS ROLE WILL ACHIEVE:
- Manage the IT operations team, providing mentorship, guidance, and support to team members.
- Oversee the day-to-day IT operations, ensuring smooth functioning of software systems, networks, and infrastructure.
- Develop and maintain IT policies, procedures, and standards to ensure compliance with industry best practices.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement technology solutions to enhance operational efficiency.
- Ensuring smooth IT support across the organization
- Implement and maintain an information security framework, policies, and procedures to safeguard sensitive data and protect against security threats.
- Monitor and respond to security incidents, including coordinating incident response efforts and implementing necessary remediation measures.
- Prepare and lead the company's efforts in achieving SOC2 compliance, including conducting audits, implementing controls, and ensuring adherence to compliance standards.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- Needed flexibility to work in a startup environment where many processes and policies are not in place, and change is the only constant
- Adaptability is essential, as this role may require flexibility in working hours to accommodate support demands and collaborate effectively with global teams across different time zones
- Able to work collaboratively across all levels of the company and with external vendors and virtually
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Ability to organize and prioritize competing tasks to generate the biggest impact
FOUNDATIONAL KNOWLEDGE OR PRACTICAL EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field. Relevant certifications (e.g., CISSP, CISM, CCSP) are a plus.
- 3-5 years of experience in IT operations management, including supervising and leading a team.
- Knowledge of device management and IT procurement
- Strong knowledge of information security principles, practices, and frameworks (e.g., ISO 27001, NIST Cybersecurity Framework).
- Experience in implementing and maintaining security controls for compliance purposes.
- Proficiency in evaluating, implementing, and managing security technologies (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection systems, antivirus software).
- Excellent problem-solving skills with the ability to analyze complex technical issues and provide effective solutions.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams and communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
What would distinguish you from other candidates:
- Experience from our technology stack including Google Cloud Platform, Google Workspace, Apple devices, Kandji MDM and Zendesk
- Knowledge of healthcare industry and regulations, privacy laws, and HIPAA compliance.
WHY YOU WANT TO JOIN MERU HEALTH:
- Community. You’ll work cross-functionally with our Clinical, Operations and Growth, Finance, and IT Teams in a fast-growing and dynamic digital mental health care company. You’ll get to surround yourself with a team of individuals who care most about the wellbeing of each other and the world, embodying diversity, inclusion, integrity, empathy, compassion and high emotional intelligence.
- Impact. You’ll utilize many facets of your adaptable skill-set, integrating your strong communication abilities, keen attention to detail, and desire for continuous improvement to play several essential roles in Meru Health’s operational success.
- Growth & Mentorship. You will receive exceptional mentorship and resources to support your growth and overall success.
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE
- Highly competitive salary + stock options
- Benefits: Heltti Insurance
- Phone expense reimbursement benefit
- Wellness and Home office stipends
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program AND our Coaching program (renews annually!)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- An international, multicultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers
- Flexible work hours at our Helsinki office and possibility to work remotely
- Much more coming very soon!