Health Plan Partnerships
Meru Health is setting the new standard in mental healthcare with the most comprehensive online mental health solution for depression, burnout, and anxiety. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health challenges by 2027, by utilizing the latest science and technology. If you are looking for a place where your work has a strong impact on people’s lives, we invite you to join us on our mission.
We are looking for a Health Plan Partnerships to join us in the BAY AREA, CA OR DENVER, CO!
A FEW REASONS WHY PEOPLE LOVE WORKING AT MERU HEALTH:
- Mission with strong social impact. Help pioneer a new approach to mental healthcare (using human support, biofeedback, and digital tools) to help 10 million people over mental health challenges by 2027.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety are paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity and diversity of thought.
- We invest in your wellbeing. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness and lunch benefits, flexible working hours and weekly breakfasts you will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
Status: Full-Time Exempt
Location: San Mateo or Denver
Team (Department): Operations
Manager (Who they will report to): Riku Lindholm, COO
Cross-functional Team (People they would work closely): Growth
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
Grow health plan revenue by forging strategic partnerships, improving visibility, and implementing revenue-generating initiatives.
- Network Management: Address provider network and credentialing issues in coordination with Clinical Ops. Clinical OPS does the heavy lifting you help us coordinate
- Claims Resolution: Work with Revenue Cycle Management to solve claims issues.
- Marketing Collaboration: Work with marketing for materials beyond plan sponsor launches.
- Handoffs: Assist in transitioning key tasks to our internal team (for ex. marketing) ; co-present when needed.
- Help employer growth team find ways to access Plan Sponsors: Utilize health plan teams/AEs to access Plan Sponsors.
- Visibility: Elevate Meru Health's profile on member portals.
- AE Incentives: Persuade Account Executives to adopt incentivizing schemes to sell Meru Health to Plan Sponsors
- Outreach: Promote to fully insured and comorbid populations. Coordinate with sales.
- Planning: Develop Health Plan account strategies.
- Mapping: Identify member access points and prioritize; map key stakeholders.
- Strategy: Grasp top organizational priorities.
- Organization: Chart Health Plan org structure and responsibilities.
- Reporting: Monitor and present key performance metrics at the health plan level.
- Liaison: Match internal team members with relevant Health Plan contacts.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE:
- Skills needed:
- Alignment with our values and passion for our mission
- Sales Acumen: Proven ability in closing deals and growing revenue.
- Analytical Thinking: Capability to interpret data and KPIs.
- Stakeholder Management: Exceptional interpersonal and networking skills.
- Strategic Planning: Ability to create and execute long-term plans.
- Team Collaboration: Proficient in working cross-functionally.
- Communication: Clear, concise written and verbal skills.
- Problem-Solving: Ability to tackle complex operational issues.
- Work experience needed:
- 5+ years in healthcare partnerships or sales
- Experience in Account Management
- Track record in growing revenue streams
- Experience working in or with health plans preferred
- Knowledge, education, and/or training needed:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Healthcare Administration, or related field
- Knowledge of healthcare industry trends and regulations
- Familiarity with CRM tools
- Training in sales methodologies
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE:
- Revenue Growth: Achieve a 100% YoY increase in health plan revenue.
- Stakeholder Engagement: Establish relationships with key decision-makers in at least 3 major health plans and align how we align with their goals and strategy
- Operational Efficiency:
- Help Clinical operations setup delegated credentialing agreements with health plans you are responsible for
In addition to the achievements identified above, here is what to expect:
At 90 days:
- Established initial relationships with key stakeholders.
- Developed account plans for top 3 health plans.
- Demonstrated an initial increase in visibility on health plan portals
- Implemented comorbid and fully insured population outreaches.
- Initiated process improvements that lead to a 20% reduction in claims issues.
- Achieved or exceeded the 100% YoY revenue growth target.
- Solved major operational bottlenecks, like credentialing structure.
- Developed a playbook for team members on how to engage with different health plan stakeholders.
WHY YOU’D WANT TO JOIN US:
There are many reasons why Meru is a great place to work and grow, but below are few main ones why you’d want to join us:
- Mission with strong social impact. You will be making a significant impact on people’s lives. See how you can be helping those struggling with mental health: https://www.meruhealth.com/reviews. Be part of changing the way we treat and care for mental health challenges — not just treating symptoms but addressing root causes and empowering people to heal and thrive.
- Supportive and talented colleagues to work with. Work alongside an international & multicultural team where the practice of inclusion & psychological safety is paramount for transparency, collaboration, creativity, and diversity of thought. We hire individuals who are passionate about our mission, exercise our values, and are inventive, humble & kind.
- We invest in your development. Your continuous development is important for us and we make sure you have opportunities to improve your skills, e.g. through classes and training.
- We invest in your well-being. We practice what we preach. In addition to wellness benefits and flexible working hours, you and two friends or family members will have access to Meru’s mental health program.
- Growth company. In order to achieve the highest impact, we give our employees space for freedom and creativity, as well as ownership and responsibility, a key component in taking your skills to the next level.
- Small everyday things that make the difference. We offer modern working tools, a budget for home office equipment, phone bill and internet compensation, an extra holiday for your birthday, and other perks to make your everyday life a little better.
TOTAL REWARDS PACKAGE:
- Base + Variable Compensation: $150K - $230K (Bay Area) ; $110K - $170K (Denver, CO) + Stock Options
- Preferred Hybrid Schedule: Be able to come in to office once a week. San Mateo, CA or Denver, CO
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life Insurance
- 20 days PTO the first year → 25 days PTO thereafter + 13 paid US holidays
- Internet expense reimbursement
- $400 Wellness stipend
- $250 Home Office stipend
- Full access for yourself + 2 family members or friends to the clinically proven Meru Health 12-week holistic treatment program AND our new Coaching program (renews annually!)
- An opportunity to learn and grow extremely fast with a world-class team & partners
- An international, multicultural, inclusive, and passionate team
- Access to a community of brilliant, kind, compassionate, driven, and humble clinicians
- Hosted local company off-sites/get-togethers (in COVID19 safe outdoor environments for the time being, of course!)
- Much more coming very soon!
Not sure if you should apply? Please keep reading...
Research shows that women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
MORE ABOUT MERU HEALTH:
Meru Health is growing fast to meet the rapidly increasing demand for mental health services. We are on a mission to help 10 million people recover from mental health ailments by 2027. We partner with healthcare organizations, large employers and insurance companies who understand the need to offer comprehensive mental health care to members or employees, and to meet challenges so many people face with trying to access mental health care services.
We are scientists, engineers and experienced entrepreneurs who have come together to make mental healthcare accessible, effective and truly outcome-driven. Our mission is more than business, it’s personal. Our founders have lost friends and family members to depression, and we want to build a highly effective mobile treatment widely accessible to people in need.
At Meru Health, we don’t just accept differences — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it, as a source of human creativity and richness of life, for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and our community. Meru Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer.
Get to know us and our culture: https://www.meruhealth.com/about-us
Check out the science and research behind what we do: https://www.meruhealth.com/science
LOCATION: BAY AREA, CA OR DENVER, CO