Modular Robotics seeks a part-time Shipping Clerk to join our vibrant, high-energy physical operations team. On our team, you will be so much more than your job title. As a shipping professional, you will be responsible for creating the very first impressions of our robots for customers. You will have the opportunity to work as a specialist within our small Physical Operations Team and strengthen valuable skills including organization, communication, design, efficiency, and attention to detail. The best candidate is one who is curious, collaborative, and full of personality.
On a typical day, the Shipping Clerk starts by reviewing the incoming and outgoing shipments they’re responsible for. With delivery times in mind, Shipping Clerks assemble finished goods, package orders, weigh packages, assign labels and organize packages accordingly. Shipping Clerks verify incoming shipments by cross-checking invoices against incoming deliveries. They also occasionally use pallet jacks to transfer pallets between storage locations and regularly lift boxes up to 50 pounds.
Pay for this position begins at $19/hour.
Shipping Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate and communicate with the physical operations team, customer service team, sales team, and company leaders to summarize current status and improve shipping processes collaboratively
- Prepare packages for delivery by kitting and packing contents, attaching shipping labels and confirming that all invoices reflect the correct information
- Receive, stock, and stack incoming inventory
- Document and summarize shipping plans and progress by scanning inventory and counting accurately, report biweekly in advance of Operations Meeting.
- Engage with colleagues, visitors, and drivers with a positive attitude
- Maintain an inventory of packaging products including labels, boxes, envelopes, packing paper, and packing tape
- Keep the kitting and shipping areas organized and clean
- Troubleshoot shipping issues and customer complaints that arise and work to solve them
- Handle merchandise in the warehouse by packaging, lifting items as necessary, and operating pallet jacks for large goods
- Research solutions for increased proficiency in shipping platforms, freight and logistics rates, and innovative ways to protect and deliver products
Job Skills and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent degree
- Ability to meet pressing deadlines with attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Superior organizational and documentation skills
- Comfortable using computers and other technology
- Ability to stay on task in an independent environment
- Good physical condition and ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Proof of double Covid vaccination (single if J&J)
- Experience using label-making software and packaging machinery
- Comfort with basic math skills and GoogleSuite software