Senior Electrical Engineer
Lakeland, FL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
"Best Places to Work 2021" -SF Business Times
Molekule Group Inc. is looking for a Senior Electrical Engineer to join our diverse and fast-growing team in Lakeland, FL . Your work will directly enable the Molekule team to continue to create, launch, sell, and support new products that deeply impact human health and well-being across the globe, starting with the air we breathe.
The Senior Electrical Engineer will be a key contributor to the Electrical Engineering team and will be directly supporting Molekule’s product development programs and technology development. They will provide specialist expertise in product development, hardware verification, engineer mentorship and support to other cross functional teams (e.g. MFG, R&D, FW, ME and Test). This function plays a critical role ensuring Molekule’s connected products are robust and maintain the highest quality.
The ideal candidate will have well-established electrical engineering fundamentals, a firm understanding of the product development process and be an expert of hardware verification. In addition, the candidate should possess a deep understanding of modern embedded systems design and electro-mechanical integration. Ideally they would have a track record of success in previous product development endeavors.
What You Will Own:
- Lead Electrical Engineer on one or more product lines, taking ownership from Design through Manufacturing, keeping an eye on cost down strategies.
- Lead development of hardware test strategy across product verticals, writing sub-circuit test plans, protocols, and pass/fail criteria with partners in Software, Firmware, Mechanical Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Manage test validation plan with our external vendor partners.
- Understand, gather, and record Product Requirements from appropriate stakeholders (e.g. Product Management, Mechanical, and Firmware) in relation to the overall electro-mechanical architecture.
- Develop and manage the part selection process in close cooperation with Firmware and Supply Chain internal partners.
- Design digital and analog circuits using guidance from the product requirements document to ensure features are realized in a cost effective manner.
- Partner with ID and ME collaborators to influence the electro-mechanical integration.
- Work with outside electrical engineering consultants as required.
- Collaborate closely with Manufacturing Engineering to develop robust test systems.
- Document your design to maintain transparency.
- Ensure power and performance goals are met at a system level.
- Drive continuous product development process improvements with the rest of the EE team.
- Travel to support product builds as required (10-15%).
What You Bring To The Team:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, MS preferred.
- Experience with consumer product development.
- 3+ years of electrical systems design experience.
- 2+ years of hardware validation strategy experience.
- High volume manufacturing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of DFT, DFM, DFA process.
- Expertise with Altium Designer, Orcad/Allegro, or similar ECAD tools.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of online PLM systems and related web-based project management tools: Confluence, JIRA, TestRail, Google Tools, etc.
- Experience with WLAN integration is preferred.
- Ability to meet deadlines with high attention to detail.
What's In It For You:
- Career Growth: progress and learn, stability, career development/path.
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges.
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset.
- Benefits: time off, matching 401K, flexibility (i.e.: work day start and end times).
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system.
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule was created with a goal of using the power of science to eliminate indoor air pollution around the world. Our vision is to deliver clean air to everyone, everywhere. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you!
"Check your ego at the door."
Determination & Grit
"We believe in what we're doing. That's why we persevere through problems."
"We roll up our sleeves, do the work, own the outcomes, and are proud of our contributions (no matter the size)."
"We're all in this together."
"We're devoted to changing the world for the better."
"I know that I don't know everything, there's always more to learn. I learn from my mistakes."
"My communications are candid, effective, respectful, and assuming good intentions."
Every great accomplishment is the result of a team working in harmony, not just of individuals. We believe teamwork and a sense of egalitarian responsibility is fundamental to building a great organization.
The objective of all organizational processes is to turn our organization into something scalable, repeatable, and efficient that reflects our culture.
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
See more open positions at Molekule
Something looks off?