Senior Mechanical Engineer
Tampa, FL, USA
Posted on Friday, May 19, 2023
"Best Places to Work 2021" -SF Business Times
We are looking for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team.
Engineering at Molekule is responsible for developing and manufacturing our line of industry leading air purification products. As a member of our mechanical engineering team, this role will involve providing technical leadership and ownership in the growing engineering organization to create high quality products that push boundaries.
You will work with our engineering organization in the US and abroad. You will need to develop and integrate new technology, work with product management and industrial design to focus on user needs and interactions, and push performance boundaries with new design concepts. This is an engineering position at a fast-growing science-based start-up with potential to grow in many areas.
What You Will Own:
- Developing and integrating new technology into new product designs for multiple markets.
- Working with product management and industrial design to focus on user needs and interactions.
- Design product concepts that achieve or exceed performance, cost, and design requirements.
- Work with design partners, manufacturing, and operations to make product designs into products.
- Build initial product BOM and estimated costs.
- Create and perform verification activities including testing and risk analysis.
- Help evaluate new suppliers, contract manufacturers, and supply chain strategies.
- Support the smooth transition from new product introduction to mass production.
- Ensure projects meet development deadlines as well as quality and reliability targets.
What You Bring To The Team:
- 3-7 years of consumer, medical, or HVAC product development.
- 3+ years experience in mechanical design.
- BS degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
- Experience leading project teams.
- Ability to prototype quickly to test a hypothesis.
- Strong working knowledge of Creo/SolidWorks and related analysis packages.
- Experience in CM/ODM and engineering supplier management.
- Knowledge of mechanical and electro-mechanical fabrication, tools, assembly, and test.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience designing products using design for manufacturing (DFM) methods.
- Familiar with manufacturing processes such as plastic injection molding, CNC (milling, lathing), forming (stamping, forging, die casting, wax-casting), surface finishing and coatings, and assembly.
- Good understanding of mechanical design, drawing creation and interpretation, failure analysis, design of experiments (DOE), and statistical analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate cross-functionally with engineering, operations, product management, and third-party vendors.
- Knowledge of tooling (design and review).
- Experience in coordinating contract manufacturers and foreign customers, international teamwork, and cross functional communication.
What's In It For You:
- Career Growth: progress and learn, stability, career development/path.
- Work Environment: autonomy, ownership, recognition of achievements, life-work balance(see what we did there), challenges.
- Culture: transparency of goals and plans, support, collaboration, trust, community, passion, growth mindset.
- Benefits: time off, matching 401K, flexibility (i.e.: work day start and end times).
- Compensation: fairness, timeliness, compensation system.
We are Molekule and we’re changing air purification. Molekule was created with a goal of using the power of science to eliminate indoor air pollution around the world. Our vision is to change the world from the indoors out by improving the safety and health of the places where we live, conduct business, learn, heal and connect. It’s a lofty goal, but that's why we need you!
Making Life Easy For Someone Else
"For our colleagues, for our customers, and for those who don't have equitable access."
Say The Hard Thing
"We solve problems with empathy and honesty."
Trust The Data
"We are guided by science and make decision based on the numbers, even if it means changing our opinion."
Make The Invisible Visible
"We reveal and address inefficient and inequitable dynamics at work and in the world."
Push For 1% More
"We have a growth mindset and push for positive change every day."
Act As Community
"We face challenges together. We celebrate victories together. We share skills together."
Molekule is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. The Company will also not discharge, or in any manner discriminate or retaliate against, any employee who discloses their own wages, discusses the wages of others, inquires about another employee’s wages, or aids or encourages any other employee to do the same. The Company is not obligated to disclose wages unless its State mandated.
Applicants with disabilities may e-mail email@example.com, to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.