Canvas mobile 3D capture application is transforming the remodelling and renovation industry. Just by scanning with an iPhone, Canvas can capture a 3D model of a house in minutes and then convert it into a CAD model. We are a global remote-first company with presence in the United States and Europe, and have many distributed employees.
In 2013 we released the world's first mobile 3D sensor. Over the years we've built a top technology for SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and conversion of scans into semantic CAD models. In 2020, Canvas was featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor.
We are looking for a WebGL Engineer to join our 3D Visualization and Tools team and take an active part in building the next generation of interactive web tools for converting 3D scans into CAD models. Reporting to the VP of Engineering, this role will involve the development of advanced measurement and modeling tools based on our latest computer vision and machine learning algorithms. In this role, you will have an opportunity to work on the team that crafts 3D web experiences for hundreds of thousands of customers who scan millions of square feet per month.
What you’ll do:
- Build the interactive web tools used by our internal Ops team to convert 3D scans into CAD models, with focus on 3D UX, operations with mesh and integration of CV / ML-based automation
- Build the customer-facing 3D visualization web application that allows our customers to see their 3D scans and CAD models, as well as take measurements right in the iOS app and in the web portal
- Ensure scalability, reliability and high level of automation of our systems that are used to process a high volume of 3D scans per day
You should have:
- Proficiency with 3D math - you should be able to create complex geometries / meshes automatically as well as from the user’s actions.
- Experience building with WebGL, specifically going under the hood of the framework. You should know how things work on a deep level, and be capable of making custom modifications, not just copying scripts.
- Good understanding of graphics pipeline.
- Comfortable working across multiple time zones and cultures.
Nice to have:
- Good knowledge of web systems design and architecture.
- Frontend experience (React / Vue / AngularJS).
- Backend experience, knowledge of Python and Django.
- Experience with 3D software (Blender, 3ds max, SketchUp, Revit).
- Knowledge of BIM specifications and experience converting CAD geometry to different formats (IFC, SKP, and others).
- Participation in development of open source projects or having open projects on GitHub, GitLab, and so on.
Pay, perks and such:
At Canvas, we offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, FSA, HSA, flexible vacation, a 401(k) plan (or equivalent) and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard, extra-fun benefits, including learning and development stipends, along with a few others to come.
We value diversity and believe forming teams in which everyone can be their authentic self is key to our success. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and different industries to apply. Come join us and find out what the best work of your career could look like here at Canvas.
Compensation will be based on experience and skill, commensurate with market rates and will include both salary and equity in Canvas.
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to our employees and welcome input from candidates and employees on how we can enhance our inclusiveness.