Customer Success Specialist
Canvas mobile 3D capture application is transforming the remodelling and renovation industry. Just by scanning with an iPhone, Canvas can capture a 3D model of a house in minutes and then convert it into a CAD model. We are a global remote-first company with presence in the United States and Europe, and have many distributed employees.
In 2013 we released the world's first mobile 3D sensor. Over the years we've built a top technology for SLAM, 3D reconstruction, and conversion of scans into semantic CAD models. In 2020, Canvas was featured in Apple’s own keynote about the iPhone 12 Pro as a significant example of what you can do with its new LiDAR sensor.
Your success will be measured by how well you onboard, retain, and grow customers — not how many tickets you close. If you love helping people and learning about exciting new technology, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Provide high-quality, personalized support to customers at various stages of their lifecycle including pre-sale, onboarding, and ongoing usage with a focus on rapid response, accurate information and a friendly demeanor.
- Build relationships with customers. When a regular customer contacts you, remember their name and know what makes their business tick.
- Comfortably communicate with customers over email, Slack, and on the phone. Choose the right communications channel for each customer and adapt your style accordingly. Prioritize where you spend your time while making sole proprietors just as much of fanatical supporters as our large enterprise business customers.
- Solve problems without a script or checklist.
- Get to know your colleagues across the company so you’ll know who to escalate issues to. Translate common customer needs into actionable advice for product management, engineering, and design to build a better product. Know how to talk to everyone, from engineers to finance to the CEO. You'll work closely with them all.
- Quickly become an expert on our product, Canvas. Understand frequently asked questions and learn how to answer them by getting to know the product and its technology.
- Create support content such as support articles, video tutorials, and other information to make your job easier and help us scale.
- Experience in a customer support or customer success position.
- Entrepreneurship and drive: We want people who are proactive self-starters that ask forgiveness, not permission.
- Technical curiosity and excitement: You enjoy exploring technology and count it amongst your hobbies.
- Customer empathy and an ability to adapt to customers with varying levels of technical skill.
- Strong communication skills: You’ll be spending most of your day communicating — with customers, and with our team.
- Experience with CAD
- Knowledge of the home improvement industry
- Analytical skills and a love of data
Compensation will be based on experience and skill, commensurate with market rates and will include both salary and equity in Canvas.
Canvas is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment to our employees and welcome input from candidates and employees on how we can enhance our inclusiveness.