Care Team Member - Certified Medical Assistant
People & HR
Dallas, TX, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Who we are:
At Optimize Health, we believe that it's time to rethink brick-and-mortar-only healthcare visits. With our powerful combination of the leading platform technology, patient-friendly devices, and trusted support, we are pioneering how medical groups use technology and real-time data to treat patients' health outside the practice walls. As the most trusted and experienced remote care vendor in the industry, we simplify the complexities of delivering effective, high-quality remote patient monitoring and optimize our clients’ clinical and financial performance.
About the role
As a care team member, you love building relationships with patients based on trust, utilizing motivational communication techniques to help drive positive health changes and improve patient outcomes. This is accomplished through collaboration with the patients care team to provide wellness calls with patients to outline patient-centric goals and the development of associated action plans to improve their health and well-being.
Our ideal candidate has clinical background working with the adult and geriatric patient population ideally with experience in phone triage. Has a strong working knowledge of Remote-Patient Monitoring (RPM) preferred and/or Chronic Care Management (CCM), Behavioral Health and Care Coordination. Experience in remote working technologies, being a strong team player and a desire to clinically and emotionally support our patients while keeping a keen eye on reimbursement requirements are valued in this role. Being a Care Team Member at Optimize Health provides the chance to serve patients by proactively monitoring vital signs, educating, and coaching patients on a plan for better health. Early intervention through RPM/CCM, reduces risk for emergent care and/or hospital admission/re-admissions.
Encounters with patients will be performed via phone through a Remote Care Platform that receives electronically transmitted physiological markers like blood pressure/weight/blood glucose. The care team member will perform monitoring as well as synchronous and asynchronous communication with the patient within Optimize Health’s industry-leading platform.
- Reviewing care plans with patients and hosting monthly calls to document progress advancements
- Meet team goals and standards outlined metrics
- Identify opportunities for expansion with remote care programs based on patients needs
- Significantly impact longitudinal patient engagement in remote care program(s)
- Provide documentation to patient relevant to care plan and help coordinate care and next steps
- Lead collaborative wellness calls with the patients to define health goals outlined by their Care Team
- Manage patient messaging
- Direct patients to treating providers for routine questions
- Meet patient engagement program goals
- Escalate urgent care needs to patient’s provider; direct patient to 911/ER as appropriate for emergency medical assistance needs
What we are looking for
- Medical Assistant certification
- Ability to work from our downtown Dallas office between 8:00a - 5:00pm
- 1-3 years of clinical experience
- Tech savvy with experience working with Electronic Medical Records systems
- Quick Learner
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
- Experience with Medicare patients
- Interest in professional leadership growth and development opportunities with a growing organization
- Interest in operating in a new, exciting clinical program and becoming an integral player in the development of processes and best practices in caring for patients
- Motivational Interviewing/Health Behavior Change experience is a plus
- Health Coach certification is a plus
- Weekends and Holidays off
- Generous PTO, Company Holidays and Paid Sick Time.
- We’re a fast-growing startup where everyone has a voice, and every team member is encouraged to help share our organization’s future
- We are passionate about our mission to modernize and improve the future of healthcare
- We foster a culture of inclusion, collaboration and innovation
- We foster team alignment with meetings of all shapes and sizes—a monthly all-hands meeting, weekly team meetings, happy hours etc.
- We cover 100% of the employee premium for health, dental and vision
- We contribute up to $3,000 towards an HSA account for each employee
- Equity - We want everyone invested in our success. We grant every employee equity in the company.
Optimize Health was founded in 2015 with a focus on improving patient outcomes. We simplify effective remote care and reduce the administrative and financial hurdles in order to improve patient outcomes, lower hospitalizations, and reduce patient expenses.
We believe healthcare technology should be designed for the patient and provider. That’s why we created an elegant remote care platform, along with monitoring services, designed to offer the best experience possible for healthcare workers and patients. Created and supported by a world-class technology team, Optimize Health is a market leader in remote care.
We recognize we are trying to solve a really hard problem and that is why those that join our team are so important. “Optimizers” are the core of our company and we strive to continue to be a best place to work that is equitable, fulfilling where team members feel like they belong.
We embrace diversity and are an equal-opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. No matter your background, your orientation, or your identity expression, if you are passionate about modernizing and improving the future of healthcare, we want to hear from you!