Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
Pantheon is the WebOps platform for websites that deliver extraordinary results. We believe in putting the magic of the internet in everyone’s hands. That’s why we’re so passionate about helping developers, IT and marketing develop, test, and release website changes faster and more reliably so they can build and maintain websites that create value for their organizations. Our cloud native software makes it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform.
Pantheon’s core values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
Pantheon is looking for a Site Reliability Manager to join our team, either remote or onsite at our SF or Mineappolis offices (on US hours.) We’re expanding an impressive and growing platform that powers hundreds of thousands of websites, millions of containerized resources, billions of monthly page views, and development tools that professional website developers use.
Along the way, we’ve written tools to manage containers at scale. We built a massive multi-tenant distributed file system, CI/CD pipeline, and a cloud-native container-based infrastructure orchestrated with Kubernetes. We have contributed to open source communities such as WordPress, Drupal, Fedora, Chef, systemd, cURL, Kubernetes, Terraform, Sensu, and more. We are looking for SRE’s that are passionate about helping other engineers implement SLO’s across their services. Someone who likes to build tools and be a force-multiplier for other engineering teams.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. Within Pantheon engineering, we value collaboration, character, autonomy, and a no-blame culture. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What you need to Succeed
- Work on advanced global-scale implementations of systems using the latest in Google Cloud platform offerings.
- Define and implement services or processes to improve reliability across the pantheon platform using tools like kubernetes, prometheus, Go, and Terraform
- Assist other teams while they define reliability objectives for services and infrastructure
- Manage, automate, and Improve common infrastructure (monitoring/metrics/kubernetes)
- Help develop and improve observability across pantheon engineering
- Continuous improvements to our standard of engineering excellence by implementing best practices for coding, testing, deploying and communication
- Support Pantheon as a member of the on-call engineer rotation, contributing to the stability, reliability and performance of the infrastructure that drives Pantheon's success.
What you Bring to the Table
- You enjoy and have experience with large-scale, high-traffic platforms and the design of scalable, robust services in the real world
- You are passionate about monitoring, metrics and the SLO process
- You rather automate than put up with toil
- You have experience programming with Go, python, ruby, bash or other languages
- You are a clear communicator, able to represent your contributions and ideas with clarity while remaining open and giving space to the contributions and ideas of others.
- Take pride in what you can do as part of a team.
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Flexible time off, sick days, and 13 paid holidays
- Comprehensive medical insurance including Health, Dental and Vision
- Paid parental leave (plus fertility, adoption and other family planning benefits)
- In-office workspace (San Francisco and New York)
- Monthly allowance for wellness, reading and access to LinkedIn Learning for continued development
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact email@example.com. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
After an offer is made and accepted, E-verify will be utilized to establish your identity and employment eligibility as required by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.