Senior Customer Success Engineer
Pantheon is the WebOps platform for websites that deliver extraordinary results. We believe in putting the magic of the internet in everyone’s hands. That’s why we’re so passionate about helping developers, IT and marketing develop, test, and release website changes faster and more reliably so they can build and maintain websites that create value for their organizations. Our cloud native software makes it easy to securely manage a single website or thousands of websites across multiple teams in one platform.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and play harder, valuing individuality, humor, and balance. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
As a Senior Customer Success Engineer (Sr. CSE), your role drives customer satisfaction and success. Your solid relationship-building skills and extensive expertise enable you to establish trust and rapport with customers, ensuring their needs are met and exceeded.
One of your key strengths lies in your ability to effectively assess and analyze customer problems. You possess a deep understanding of when, how, and who to involve in the team to help solve complex issues. This allows you to provide timely and efficient solutions, minimizing potential downtime or disruption for our customers.
In addition to your technical proficiency, you excel in communication. You serve as the primary point of contact during incidents as a bridge between the customer and the rest of the team. Your ability to lead technical calls and collaborate with cross-functional teams, such as Product & Engineering and Implementation teams, empowers you to advocate for process and platform improvements that benefit both the customer and the company.
Furthermore, you possess natural mentoring and leadership abilities. You guide and develop other Customer Success Engineers, sharing your platform knowledge and expertise to enhance their skills and performance. Your dedication to providing training and documentation for team members ensures that knowledge is shared and easily accessible, fostering a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
As a Senior Customer Success Engineer, your high-level performance consistently demonstrates an understanding of success metrics. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and excel with minimal direction and oversight. Your ability to handle on-call emergency tickets, resolve complex Drupal, WordPress and platform-related questions, and participate in the Customer Success Engineer on-call rotation showcase your dedication and commitment to customer success.
Pantheon’s core company values are Trust, Teamwork, Passion, and Customers First. At Pantheon, we work hard and strive to make a difference. We value unique voices, constructive feedback, and cross-functional collaboration so that we can win together and bring the best solutions to our customers. We're enthusiastic participants in several open-source communities and have real relationships with many of our most active customers. If all of this sounds interesting to you, read on!
What you Need to Succeed
- Resolve complex WordPress, Drupal, and platform-related questions through live chat, tickets, and customer calls
- Guide, mentor, and develop Customer Success Engineers to enhance their platform knowledge
- Provide training and documentation for team members
- Improve existing documentation to enable customer self-service
- Handle on-call emergency tickets
- Act as the primary communicator during incidents
- Proactively identify and report potential issues
- Lead technical calls with customers when necessary
- Assist internal teams (ICs/CSM/PS/Sales/AM) with their questions
- Collaborate with Product & Engineering to advocate for process and platform improvements
- Contribute to process improvements and workflows
- Research and provide information for platform bugs and feature requests
- Report and document well-researched solutions for advanced questions
- Identify the need for additional tools
- Participate in the CSE on-call rotation
What you Bring to the Table
- Strong understanding of PHP, Composer, MySQL/MariaDB, Git, and the command line
- Ability to troubleshoot complex customer issues and familiarity with using Pantheon tools
- Familiarity with troubleshooting advanced website configurations, such as WordPress Site Networks and decoupled architectures
- Experience in handling customer escalations
- Familiarity with CI concepts and implementations, including Git and Build tools
- Proficient in application performance debugging at an advanced level
- Demonstrates an understanding of success metrics
- Excellent communication, customer service and conflict resolution skills to help resolve customer concerns and defuse escalated situations
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills to identify customer challenges and provide effective solutions.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve customer success.
- Able to work well independently with minimal direction and oversight
What We Offer
We have all the usual perks and benefits but what we can really offer you is a fantastic work environment powered by an amazing team.
- Industry competitive compensation and equity plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Sick Leave (PSL) and 11 Paid Company Holidays
- Full medical coverage (Extended health care, dental, vision)
- Top-of-line equipment
- Monthly allowance for wellness, reading and access to LinkedIn Learning for continued development
- Events and activities both team-based and company wide that inspire, educate and cultivate
Pantheon is an equal opportunity action employer and we welcome applications from all backgrounds regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, or any other classification protected by law. Pantheon complies with federal and local disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation due to a disability for any part of the interview process, please contact email@example.com. Pursuant to local and federal regulations, Pantheon will consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records for employment.
Visa Sponsorship is not available at this time.