Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
At Parallel Domain, we believe that autonomous systems – from self-driving cars to contactless delivery drones – have the opportunity to drastically improve the quality of life for billions of people. That is why we love what we do: enabling our customers to develop their technology safely using the Parallel Domain data generation platform. Our platform revolutionizes the way our customers generate sensor data for AI development. We're looking for people like you to join us in pushing the boundaries of artificial intelligence and synthetic data.
We are looking for a customer-centric Solutions Engineer who wants to use their technical chops to delight our customer base. As a Solutions Engineer hire, you will lead and shape our solutions engineering program by creating the processes and code that help accelerate getting customer data in and out of our synthetic data platform. The ideal candidate has python data wrangling experience, a do-whatever-it-takes attitude, and dreams in quaternions.
This position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, CA, and Vancouver, Canada with remote work options available.
In this role you will:
- Contribute to the public Parallel Domain python-SDK.
- Collaborate with our Customer Success Team to understand and implement our customers' sensor configurations (LiDAR, Camera, Radar)
- Help drive our product strategy around optimal label types and data formats for easy data consumption by autonomous vehicle, ADAS, and robotics teams
- Work on replicating sensor configurations of popular open data sets
- Collaborate closely with our core engineering and product teams to build value on top of our core platform
- Manage an external codebase of easy integration scripts and interesting projects that utilize synthetic data
- Work closely with Go-To-Market peers who drive adoption and technical sales of the Parallel Domain platform
- Interface with some of the most sophisticated ML + Robotics teams on the planet
- 2+ years as a software, field or customer engineer
- Strong python and 2D/3D math skills. You will be transforming multi-dimensional data arrays in numpy.
- Driven, proactive, organized, high level of professionalism, and strong cross-functional teaming skills
- Passionate about autonomous systems & the opportunity synthetic data has for accelerating machine learning
- Experience in sensor fusion and camera calibration - especially related to autonomous systems, computer vision, and machine perception
- Experience with simulation stacks or synthetic data
- Experience with geographic information systems, maps, or geospatial systems
- Experience in the autonomous systems and/or computer vision industries, including but not limited to autonomous vehicles, delivery robots, drones, etc.
Why join Parallel Domain?
We are assembling a team of creative, talented visionaries seeking to build a new technology that will change the world. You will be able to learn, build, and scale our team and technology in a collaborative, creative culture that values every team member.
To attract and inspire the right talent, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Employer-paid supplemental medical, mental health, dental, and vision benefits.
• Flexible paid vacation, sick time, winter shutdown, and 11+ holidays per year
• Paid parental leave
• Equipment budget to optimize your setup
• Annual learning and development stipend
Parallel Domain celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. We are committed to providing employees with an environment free of discrimination, bullying and harassment. All employment decisions at Parallel Domain are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We will maintain our commitment to and support of equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics or physical/mental disability. Our commitment extends to any other protected classes which may exist under applicable law.