Head of Customer Success
Customer Service, Sales & Business Development
Vancouver, BC, Canada
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
At Parallel Domain, we believe that autonomous systems – from self-driving cars to contactless delivery drones – have the opportunity to drastically improve the quality of life for billions of people. That is why we love what we do: enabling our customers to develop their technology safely using the Parallel Domain data generation platform. Our platform revolutionizes the way our customers generate sensor data for AI development. We're looking for people like you to join us in pushing the boundaries of artificial intelligence and synthetic data.
Our Customer Success team guides our customers in making the most effective use of our product suite to achieve their goals: developing, training, and testing their ML models at a speed and accuracy impossible with other options. In this role, you will lead the way by directly managing our Solutions Engineers and Engagement Managers. You will partner with our product, engineering, and sales teams to drive product and process excellence, ultimately in service of ensuring that our customers across autonomy, automotive, and drove delivery achieve their goals in AI development.
This role is based out of one of our offices in Vancouver, BC, Canada or San Francisco, California, USA.
While this role will evolve and grow with the company, some key things you’ll own on day one include:
- Manage synthetic data delivery projects for strategic autonomous vehicle and drone customers.
- Build processes and practices to enable a high functioning team of Technical Engagement Managers and Solutions Engineers.
- Work closely with our own product, engineering, and content teams to enable rapid outcomes for our customer base.
- Lead the Customer Success team in gathering ongoing customer requirements through detailed technical discussions and scoping meetings to ensure successful customer outcomes.
- Run quarterly reviews with customer leadership teams, including semi-regular onsite visits with customers.
- Deeply understand our customers to find ways for Parallel Domain to be maximally useful for their use cases, finding ways to expand value and use cases wherever possible.
- Explore new product development areas driven by strategic understanding of the customer landscape.
Key Experience, Skills, and Qualities:
- 5+ years in Customer Success; 3+ years leading a Technical Customer Success team.
- Technical aptitude and ability to learn in the fields of computer science and machine learning. Basic understanding of API products and scripting languages such as Python.
- Strong motivation to drive value for prospects & customers - and to provide an exceptional customer experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to organize and execute clear and efficient meetings with many stakeholders, including preparing and presenting materials such as slide presentations.
- Driven, proactive, organized, high level of professionalism, and strong cross-functional teaming skills.
- Ability to provide strong leadership, structure, and career development for your team.
- Strong analytics experience, ideally with experience collecting and analyzing product analytics for data-driven decision making.
- Willingness to travel to conferences and in-person customer meetings.
Nice to Have:
- Experience at a B2B software startup.
- Experience in machine learning, autonomous systems, computer vision, or robotics.
- Beyond your Customer success experience, experience working in management consulting, or other client-facing work is a plus.
Why join Parallel Domain?
We are assembling a team of creative, talented visionaries seeking to build a new technology that will change the world. You will be able to learn, build, and scale our team and technology in a collaborative, creative culture that values every team member.
To attract and inspire the right talent, we offer:
• Competitive compensation
• Employer-paid supplemental medical, mental health, dental, and vision benefits.
• Flexible paid vacation, sick time, winter shutdown, and 11+ holidays per year
• Paid parental leave
• Equipment budget to optimize your setup
• Annual learning and development stipend
Parallel Domain celebrates diversity and is committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. We are committed to providing employees with an environment free of discrimination, bullying and harassment. All employment decisions at Parallel Domain are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We will maintain our commitment to and support of equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics or physical/mental disability. Our commitment extends to any other protected classes which may exist under applicable law.