Head of PR & Communications
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
As Head of PR & Communications, reporting to the VP of Brand, Consumer, and Enterprise Marketing, you will manage the Comms team and serve as the champion of a consistent narrative across SeatGeek. You'll become a trusted partner across all areas of our business by helping harness our momentum, and accelerate SeatGeek from a growth stage company to an industry changing household name. You will own all major communications work streams, including industry, business and consumer press, using both our in-house Comms team and external partners to drive success.
What you'll do
- Own SeatGeek's Comms strategy and execution including corporate, industry, consumer, and policy communications. Refine our narrative in a way that extends our growth momentum across multiple audiences
- Manage the Comms team both internally and externally (agencies, contractors, etc.)
- Represent Comms cross-functionally at SeatGeek across all teams, including taking an active role as a partner to the CEO and executive team. Build meaningful relationships, make connections, and adapt style to fit various business partners (product, finance, CX and more)
- Proactively set strategies and operating plans for the Comms team that align with high-level business goals. Bias towards proactive over prescriptive operating model
- Manage and grow relationships with relevant media across tech, business, sports / entertainment, and policy/politics
- Dive headfirst into the intricacies of our industry, codifying input from people across the business into future-proofed “stances” we can rally behind. Help SeatGeek capture the current momentum for positive change within the ticketing industry
- Act as a spokesperson for SeatGeek, and help train and prepare executives and other SeatGeek employees for media-facing opportunities
- Serve as a lead on the Marketing & Comms team, and throughout SeatGeek
What you have
- 12+ years holding and growing within various roles of PR & Comms, ideally with specific experience on corporate comms, policy comms or investor relations
- Experience working in unique industries with complex business models, major competition, or interesting regulatory environments
- Proven track record of driving results for growth companies with corporate, business (b2b) and consumer audiences. Experience with IPO, investors and board facing communications is strongly preferred
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Experience building strong working relationships with executive leaders, product teams, reporters and others
- A proactive, self-starter mentality. (solutions over problems and north-star over specific roadmap)
- Goal-oriented mindset You are cool under pressure and bend towards continuous improvement
- Natural leadership capabilities and you are a quick-learner for continued ownership of responsibilities
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $180,000-$275,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!