Director, Product Design Marketplace
Live entertainment is an industry built on moments of magic. Surrounding those moments are the details that make it all come together seamlessly. That's how we define design - it's our top competitive advantage. As we build an elegantly simple future for live events, we're looking to design to connect fans with their favorite teams, artists, and shows, to create those magical experiences.
Powered by our position as a leader in the live events space and accelerated by a flood of pent-up demand for live events, SeatGeek is experiencing an unprecedented wave of growth and expansion. Our Marketplace design leader will help create a best-in-class shopping experience for fans along with leading teams that will own end-to-end customer journeys for buyers and sellers on our marketplace.
Product Design at SeatGeek
We’re a group of passionate, humble, and curious designers and researchers distributed across the globe. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and culture of craftsmanship. We believe collaboration is the key to our success, and that great ideas can come from anyone, regardless of experience, title, or background. We value maker time, asynchronous communication, lifelong learning, and making space to gain the perspectives and experiences needed to create our best work and live our best lives.
What you’ll do
Reporting to our Head of Design, you’ll lead a team of outstanding designers and partner with leaders from design, product, and engineering to envision and build high-quality experiences at scale.
- Leadership: Lead the Marketplace Product Design team, responsible for raising the bar on what the experience of shopping for and selling tickets looks and feels like.
Strategy & Impact: Work closely with Product, Engineering, and other cross functional peers to set a compelling product vision and ensure we’re breaking down these ambitious plans into manageable milestones, delicately balancing speed, quality, and impact.
Culture: Help establish rituals and processes to scale the product design team’s impact: making sure design is collaborating seamlessly with cross functional product squads, ensuring design consistency across various parts of our business, creating an inclusive and rewarding culture that helps people do their best work, etc.
What you have
We’re looking for an experienced design leader with a history of helping high-growth companies scale.
- Proven ability to execute against strategy in collaboration with engineering functions and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven success leading design strategy at a high growth, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced technology company.
- Passion for building world-class products and hands-on experience with multiple design fields and prior work demonstrating a strong design process, clear insights, and problem-solving.
- Experience working and adapting in a fast-paced and innovative environment that requires first-principles thinking and business aptitude for successful execution.
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $150,000-$250,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!