Director, Product Design Fandom
Live entertainment is an industry built on moments of magic. Surrounding those moments are the details that make it all come together seamlessly. That's how we define design - it's our top competitive advantage. As we build an elegantly simple future for live events, we're looking to design to bring together teams, artists, venues, and promoters in creating those magical experiences.
Powered by our position as a leader in the live events space and accelerated by a flood of pent-up demand for live events, SeatGeek is experiencing an unprecedented wave of growth and expansion. Our design leader create ticketholder and membership experiences that builds and rewards fandom by unlocking exceptional value (for fans, rightsholders, and SeatGeek) beyond the ticket. You will help our primary ticketing partners to grow their businesses and create a best-in-class fan experience impacting millions of fans each month.
Product Design at SeatGeek
We’re a group of passionate, humble, and curious designers and researchers distributed across the globe. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and culture of craftsmanship. We believe collaboration is the key to our success, and that great ideas can come from anyone, regardless of experience, title, or background. We value maker time, asynchronous communication, lifelong learning, and making space to gain the perspectives and experiences needed to create our best work and live our best lives.
What you’ll do
Reporting to our Head of Design, you’ll lead a team of outstanding designers and story tellers and partner with leaders from design, product, and engineering to build high-quality and engaging fan experiences that move customers up the value chain and build fandom.
- Leadership: Lead the Fandom Product Design team, responsible for building ticketholder and membership experiences for fans pre, during, and post-event. Work closely with rightsholders and 3rd party partners to deliver unique offerings that drive fan engagement and membership retention.
- Strategy & Impact: Work closely with Product, Engineering, Product Analytics, and other cross functional peers to set a compelling product vision and ensure we’re breaking down these ambitious plans into manageable milestones, delicately balancing speed, quality, and impact.
- Culture: Help establish rituals and processes to scale the product design team’s impact: making sure design is collaborating seamlessly with cross functional product squads and leverage customer data and insights to shape the design direction, ensuring design consistency across various parts of our products with input to and from the Foundation team’s design system, continuously sharing design decisions and rationale with key stakeholders across the organization, and creating an inclusive and rewarding culture that helps people do their best work, etc.
What you have
We’re looking for an experienced design leader with a history of helping high-growth companies scale.
- Proven ability to execute against strategy in collaboration with engineering functions and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven success leading design strategy at a high growth, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced technology company.
- Passion for building world-class products and hands-on experience with multiple design fields and prior work demonstrating a strong design process, clear insights, and problem-solving.
- Experience developing and contributing to a design system and component library that considers both internal team needs and external partner needs who leverage our platform for building fan experiences.
- Experience working and adapting in a fast-paced and innovative environment that requires first principles thinking and business aptitude for successful execution.
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $150,000-$250,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!