Quantitative Research Specialist
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
As a Quantitative Research Specialist on the Investments Team, you will play a critical role in analyzing ticketing data, developing quantitative models, and providing actionable insights to optimize our ticketing platform and enhance the customer experience. This position offers a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth and innovation of one of the leading ticketing companies in the industry.
Reporting to the Head of Quantitative Research, you’ll play a critical role in helping to build a platform for maximizing revenue within SeatGeek’s global inventory of ticket assets. You will work closely with traders to research, develop, and implement novel trading strategies within this dynamic and growing market.
What you'll do
- Data Analysis: Collect, clean, and analyze large datasets using statistical techniques and quantitative tools. Apply advanced data analysis methods to identify patterns, correlations, and trends relevant to pricing entire venues
- Quantitative Modeling: Develop and enhance quantitative models for forecasting market behavior, pricing tickets, and managing risk. Apply statistical and mathematical models to generate investment signals and support decision-making
- Market Research: Conduct comprehensive research on the ticketing industry, including competitive analysis, market trends, and customer preferences. Stay up-to-date with industry developments and emerging technologies that could impact the ticketing landscape
- Data-Driven Insights: Translate complex data analysis into actionable insights and recommendations for various stakeholders, including product managers and marketing teams
- Collaboration and Cross-Functional Projects: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including product, engineering, marketing, and business development, to support data-driven decision-making and contribute to strategic initiatives. Work closely with data scientists and engineers to leverage cutting-edge technologies for data analysis and model development
- Industry Trends and Innovation: Stay informed about the latest trends, best practices, and innovations within the ticketing industry. Continuously explore new data sources, research methodologies, and analytical tools to enhance SeatGeek's competitive advantage
What you have
- Bachelor's degree in a quantitative field (advanced degree is a plus)
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and think clearly under pressure
- Fluency in SQL and knowledge of Python scientific libraries (i.e., NumPy, SciPy, Matplotlib, and Pandas)
- General understanding of statistical analysis, predictive modeling, and machine learning techniques
- Understanding of derivative pricing models and portfolio performance factors
- Effective communication skills to present findings, influence stakeholders, and collaborate across teams
- Passion for sports, music, and live events in general
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $65,000-$95,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!