Analytics Engineer, Finance
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
As the R&D shop for live entertainment, we’re finding new ways to bring value to stakeholders across the industry while diversifying our revenue streams. This means we have a lot of financial data - come help us design & harness the data architecture that will drive decision making and financial performance reporting across the company!
You will gain a keen understanding of our revenue data and influence the design of future efforts to bring automation to our financial processes. You will be tasked with learning the ins and outs of our revenue models, data sources, warehouses, and systems. We are looking for a Analytics Engineer, Finance (open to varying levels of experience) to join SeatGeek’s R&D team.
What you’ll do
- Dive deep into our myriad platforms producing financial transactions - become an expert on our homegrown, database, and SaaS-based data sources
- Deliver the foundational financial reporting models for new revenue streams and lay the groundwork for future automation
- Build and optimize the key financial reports and data models in our financial data warehouse
- Partner with our Finance Engineering team to automate financial reporting and analysis
- Collaborate with our Product Engineering teams to improve & simplify the inflows of data into our financial data warehouse
- Lend valuable perspective for new system implementations by analyzing results and proposing new and improved data models
- Analyze and produce intelligent modeling for complex aspects of our business such as refunds, chargebacks, and recoupments
Who you are
- You have 3-4+ years of relevant experience
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, mathematics, or another quantitative discipline
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL and data modeling
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building reports and dashboards using business intelligence tools
- A strong understanding of the financial teams and metrics within a growth business
- Experience working across business and engineering teams
- Proficiency in a scripting language (Python or R) is a plus
- Domain expertise in Financial data sets is a plus
- Experience with some of our current tools like Looker and/or DBT is a plus
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $130,000-$240,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each employee, including but not limited to past merit/promotion increases, tenure in current role, skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!