Engineering Manager, Datastores
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
We are looking for a Manager (open to varying levels of experience) who can help us scale up our development operation and empower our engineering teams. As we grow, the scale of our technical challenges - and their effect on our customers - continues to increase. Your team will work on evolving the current database and datastore solutions used in our product to delight our fans and clients.
What you'll do
- Manage a team of engineers with database and datastore expertise
- Build products used by some of the biggest names in sports and entertainment
- Guide the team to improve operational and engineering best practices to keep our development machine humming
- Participate in on-call / incident management schedule
- Help evolve our database and datastore usage to improve operational efficiency, performance and costs while minimizing impact in our platform
- Provide regular job performance feedback, hold one-on-ones, and provide career development support to your direct reports
- Play an active role in our recruiting process, helping us to grow our engineering team in any way you can
- Perform code reviews and provide technical and design feedback to the team
- Communicate technical and product decisions to the right people, resolve blocking issues, and collaborate with other leaders across the organization
What you have
- 5+ years as an Engineer in a role building high quality cloud native solutions
- 3+ years of experience as an engineering manager of productive, motivated teams
- With your knowledge of industry technology trends you can help your team make good database and datastore decisions setting them up for success
- You have experience building highly performant systems
- A foundation of technical excellence that your team can look up to
- You understand how to lead by setting context and facilitating collaboration between product, design, engineering and business leaders
- Experience with SQL Server and Amazon RDS
- Willing to work Eastern Time (GMT-4) supporting our EMEA teams
The tools we use
You absolutely do not need experience with all of these, but we thought you might be curious. Tools can be learned, so we care much more about your general engineering skill than knowledge of a particular language.
- Datastores: MS SQL Server, Postgres, Redshift, Kafka, Amazon S3, DynamoDB, Amazon Aurora
- Infrastructure: Docker, AWS
- Equity stake in a well-funded growth stage company
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Benefits package that supports health and dental. We also provide annual subscriptions to Headspace
- Life Insurance
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings.