SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
We are looking for an Analytics Engineer to join SeatGeek’s Data team in New York City. You will join a high-performing team that is the go-to partner for our business’s data management and insights generation needs. Analytics Engineers play a critical role in extraction, storage, cataloging, modeling, and processing our data, enabling us to scale efficiently. As a member of this team you will build and manage data models in our data warehouse, extract data from production and third-party sources using Fivetran, and manage our orchestration using Airflow in order to produce clean, well-documented, analysis-friendly datasets. By putting data at the heart of everything we do, your work will drive us toward our mission of making SeatGeek the top destination for live event goers.
SeatGeek's data warehouse has been at the core of our Data team for the better part of a decade, and as early adopters of Redshift, Looker, and dbt, our business intelligence stack is technically mature and easy to work with. The live event industry continues to boom and the future is up for grabs. Operators across SeatGeek will need clean, actionable metrics and feedback loops to make company-defining decisions. If you're somebody who knows that you optimize what you measure, if you believe in the unreasonable effectiveness of data, if you get delight from helping your coworkers do their jobs better, and if you have strong opinions on how data can make that happen, then you're the right person to take our solid foundation and build to the stars.
About our stack:
- Scheduling/Orchestration: Airflow
- ETL: Fivetran, Python and dbt
- Data Warehouse: Redshift
- Event Stream: mParticle
- Experimentation: Optimizely
- Dashboarding: Looker & Hex
- Code versioning: Gitlab
- Required languages: SQL and Python
What you’ll do
- Join a team of Analytics Engineers that will develop data pipelines and use SQL- and python-based ETL frameworks to acquire, process, and deliver data to consumers around SeatGeek.
- Communicate and collaborate with different stakeholders, like Data Scientists, Analysts, Data Platform Engineers, and Software Engineers to understand data use cases and produce requirements R&D teams.
- Implement cataloging best practices and lead the definition, collection, documentation of our data sources. Invest in end-user data literacy through hands-on training with folks around the company.
- Develop performant data models and schemas that enable analysis in a data warehouse setting.
- Own third party BI vendor management, e.g. Looker
Who you are
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Analytics, Data, or Software Engineering. Experience with dbt required.
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL. Proficiency in programming with Python.
- Experience developing new metrics and performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building reports and dashboards using business intelligence tools
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $115,000-$160,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!