Senior Data Analyst - Marketing
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
We are looking for talented analysts (at varying experience levels) to join our Customer & Marketing Science team and contribute to continuously optimizing millions of dollars of Marketing spend, leveraging advanced analytics methods and building upon a deep understanding of customers behaviors, interests and preferences.
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact on the post-COVID world of live events and join a company that is truly passionate about creating the best products and experiences for fans.
Partnering closely with our Marketing Leads, you will guide Marketing investment decisions and drive Business impact through (among other things):
- developing a holistic view of Marketing channels efficiency, based on an optimal sales attribution logic, robust experimentations / incrementality testing and CLV predictions.
- optimizing our SEM bidding to fuel customer Acquisition (for example, through identifying valuable new bidding signals and better understanding the interactions with inventory, pricing and product)
- creating customer audiences to improve the relevance & effectiveness of our Marketing touchpoints and enhance customer engagement (in CRM, SEM, Social Media)
- continuing to drive a customer centric mindset within the organization, through sharing insights with our leadership team into customers behaviors and experiences
As a member of the SeatGeek’s Analytics team in New York City, you will be able to collaborate with and learn from a group of high-performing analysts, data scientists and engineers! We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst - Marketing with varying levels of experience to join SeatGeek’s R&D team.
What you'll do
- Own our business relationship with stakeholders on the Marketing team, understanding their objectives and aligning our scope of work to achieve those goals.
- Develop our understanding of customers through the synthesis and interpretation of existing and novel data sources and contribute to building our Customer feature store (including model predictions and segments)
- Monitor key performance drivers and communicate the root causes of changes in channels efficiency.
- Advance our channel attribution methodologies.
- Assist with designing a robust experimentation plan, including incrementality tests (leveraging geo-based experimental design where required) and communicate actionable learnings and recommendations to marketing teams
- Conduct exploratory analysis to identify pockets of under-performance and optimisation levers for our SEM bidding strategy. More broadly, share actionable insights into the interactions between our SEM & SEO and how to optimally leverage both to minimize cannibalization.
- Work closely with data engineers to build lasting data modeling solutions, including automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL-based ETL frameworks
Who you are
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- A degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building reports and dashboards using business intelligence tools
- A track record of influencing business strategy with data
- A strong statistical understanding of online testing methodologies and metric development
- Proficiency in a scripting language (Python or R) - nice to have
- Domain expertise or past experience in marketing - nice to have
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
The salary range for this role is $100,000 - $170,000. Actual compensation packages within that range are based on a wide array of factors unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, years and depth of experience, certifications, and specific location.
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!