Senior Data Analyst - Marketplace (Supply)
SeatGeek believes live events are powerful experiences that unite humans. With our technological savvy and fan-first attitude we’re simplifying and modernizing the ticketing industry.
We are looking for Data Analyst candidates of varying experience levels to join SeatGeek’s Analytics team. You will join a team that is the go-to partner on data production and insights generation for SeatGeek’s Supply team, which is responsible for developing a healthy supply-side marketplace. Your recommendations will shape strategy across key functions such as ticket pricing, strategic inventory acquisition, and competitor intelligence. You will develop a deep understanding of how SeatGeek can use its unique position in the industry to reach our revenue goals. You will tackle open ended questions, conduct exploratory analyses, and build data models and dashboards.
This is a unique opportunity to make an impact on the post-COVID world of live events. As an integral part of the Analytics team, you will not only learn from an exceptional set of peers, but also develop your business literacy through substantial executive exposure.
What you'll do
- Conduct data analysis to generate insights and recommendations that help SeatGeek make smarter decisions and enhance operational efficiency.
- Support efforts to incentivize seller behaviors that improve overall marketplace health.
- Work with stakeholders to develop strategies to lower SeatGeek’s costs.
- Develop holistic metric frameworks to shed light on the drivers of SeatGeek’s business.
- Own our business relationship with stakeholders on the Supply team, understanding their objectives and aligning our work to complement and enhance their ability to achieve those goals.
- Work closely with data engineers to build lasting data modeling solutions, including automating analyses and authoring pipelines via SQL-based ETL frameworks.
Who you are
- 3+ years of relevant experience. Past experience working with a two-sided marketplace.
- A degree or higher in economics, psychology, computer science, statistics, mathematics or another quantitative discipline
- Expert-level knowledge of SQL
- Experience performing analysis with large datasets
- Experience building reports and dashboards using business intelligence tools
- A track record of influencing business strategy with data
- A strong statistical understanding of online testing methodologies and metric development - nice to have
- Proficiency in a scripting language (Python or R) - nice to have
- Equity stake
- Flexible work environment, allowing you to work as many days a week in the office as you’d like or 100% remotely
- A WFH stipend to support your home office setup
- Flexible PTO
- Up to 16 weeks of paid family leave
- 401(k) matching program
- Health, vision, dental, and life insurance
- Annual subscriptions to Headspace, Ginger.io, and One Medical
- $120 a month to spend on tickets to live events
- Annual subscription to Spotify, Apple Music, or Amazon music
SeatGeek is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, creed, age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, military or veteran status, or any other category protected by federal, state, or local law. As an equal opportunities employer, we recognize that diversity is a positive attribute and we welcome the differences and benefits that a diverse culture brings. Come join us!