Sales and Development Lead, APAC
Sofar Ocean Technologies
Sofar is on a mission to connect the world’s oceans. We design, build, and deploy the largest privately owned network of marine weather sensors to power the world’s best marine weather forecasts. Our data helps our customers to increase efficiency and reduce emissions, delivering tools to governments and other stakeholders to understand impacts of climate change on extreme weather and ocean health. We live on Planet Ocean, and our goal is to create the ocean intelligence needed to ensure a sustainable future.
We are looking for an experienced Sales leader to join our team to help the maritime shipping industry adapt to a rapidly changing regulatory and economic environment.
Wayfinder, our dynamic voyage optimization platform, is a ground-up new technology that uses our proprietary data and forecasts to deliver the most efficient strategies to vessels and shoreside teams in real time. Data-driven, dynamic optimization unlocks unprecedented potential for efficiency and savings, and gives Owners, Operators, and Charterers unparalleled control over speed, fuel consumption, and their CII strategy.
This role presents a unique opportunity for an ambitious executive with strong maritime roots to join a Bay Area startup to help forge and drive our EMEA and APAC business.
Impact You'll Own:
- Drive and execute Sofar’s GTM strategy for the Wayfinder voyage optimization product
- Own teams and sales targets, growing Wayfinder business with a focus on EMEA P&L initially, and expand globally to include APAC P&L after the first 6-months
- Work with company leadership to shape and drive the sales process from initial onboarding through contract negotiation and close
- Coordinate sales, CS, product, and Sofar Execs as required to execute on our go-to-market playbook and to win customers
- Deliver Product feedback to inform roadmap
- Recruit, hire, and develop Wayfinder sales and CS teams to support growth
- Based in EMEA
- You build diverse, collaborative, and high-performing sales teams
- 10+ years of related experience in maritime shipping, logistics, energy, and/or geospatial tech
- Keen understanding of the nuances of complex enterprise sales cycles and how to navigate through the channels (specific experience in shipping industry is required)
- Strong technical sales experience required along with a demonstrated track record of success
- Ability to source, sell, co-sell, and close large deals; carrying quota and closing should be familiar concepts
- Success in acting as a bridge between the company and its current market and future markets
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work independently under tight deadlines in a start-up environment
- Strong judgment and decision-making skills
- The ability to interact successfully across cultures
- Negotiation and persuasion skills
- Critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills
- Deep passion for the Ocean
- Familiar with using Hubspot CRM
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.