Sales Engineer, Ad Management
About the Team
The Ad Management team at Sovrn is responsible for managing the deployment of the industry leading ad management software for publishers. Every member of the Ad Management commercial team is focused on building relationships with key publishers in order to better understand their business and needs. Our goal is to be world class in everything we do, from the service we provide our publishers to our interactions with teammates and colleagues. We’re a lean and efficient group from around the world, and we ground our work in a sense of community that’s built on our collective strengths. We help each other excel professionally with regular training and empathetic feedback sessions, and we take our team building exercises just as seriously. Our mission is simple: give publishers the tools they need to do more of what they love and less of what they don’t.
About the Job
As a Sales Engineer on the Ad Management team, you will help develop relationships with customers, manage integrations and onboarding, troubleshoot technical solutions, and explore new optimizations to increase revenue and lower costs. You will be an expert on header bidding solutions, our Ad Management software and managed service and will work closely with product, engineering, and sales teams, including supporting sales and account management teams on calls and in email communication with customers. The Sales Engineer plays a key role in helping our global team of Account Executives, product leaders, and support leads to aid in technical sales, onboarding support, and delivering key feedback to improve our products.
This role is about generating and closing new opportunities while playing a key role supporting the Ad Management team - here are a few key expectations:
- Know the Tech: Quickly get up to speed on Sovrn’s Ad Management technical capabilities. Understand the unique features, differentiators and customer benefits our platform offers and how to speak with confidence, knowledge, and credibility about what we bring to our customers. This is likely to include sitting in on our product and technology teams' regular meetings. Provide market feedback through management channels.
- Support the Sales & Onboarding Process: From your first day, you will be expected to work on real customer opportunities through a sales and onboarding process, from initial engagement to pricing discussions to final contract negotiations and the successful onboarding of the customer. Use your ad tech knowledge to educate, problem-solve, and deliver guidance to our customers and coordinate internal account management and operations teams. You may occasionally be asked to help with RFPs and questionnaires. At any given time, you may be supporting as many as 10-15 opportunities in various stages of that process and be responsible for the successful onboarding of those opportunities.
- Engage with Customer Opportunities: You're someone who must love working with customers. Your audience will be with our customers' developers, product managers, engineers, and business heads. Our Ad Management team will rely on you to ensure the key technical influencers of our customers deeply understand our technology, what makes it different (and better than that of our competitors), and how to quickly get integrated and live. We’ll also count on you to be a trusted adviser to clients and explain complex solution use cases in layman’s terms to prospects.
- Trendspotting: As you engage with customers and our team, we think you'll have the best vantage point from which to spot key trends and emerging customer needs in the market where Sovrn can have an advantage.
- 3+ years of working experience selling ad tech platforms and solutions to publishers and/or relevant experience in a role at a publisher managing header bidding integrations
- Understand how to support the sales cycle from lead to opportunity to live account
- Familiarity and ease with technology, B2B technology applications, and how advertising technology platforms serve customer businesses
- Experience in programmatic ad operations and familiarity with Google Ad Manager
- Ability to prioritize, manage, and deliver on multiple projects simultaneously; highly motivated and able to work against aggressive schedules
- Superior communication skills (interpersonal, verbal, presenting, and written)
- Positive attitude, team player, adaptable, resourceful, and self-starter who is able to work independently
- Ability to work cross functionally (Customer Success, Sales, Technical Escalations, Product Management, Marketing, Engineering) in order to get deals across the line
- Understanding of APIs, JSON, and webhooks, ORTB protocol, Prebid.JS.
Nice to Have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Strong technical knowledge of header bidding wrapper solutions, including (ideally) prior work as technical operations manager, sales engineer, or similar roles
This position reports to: Managing Director, Ad Management
Location: New York, NY or Boulder, CO (Preferred)
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Diego, San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $120,000-$150,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.