Engineering Manager, Commerce
About the Team
The team is focused on building out the next generation of eCommerce products for affiliate marketing and content monetization to serve publishers on the Web. We own the full stack related to the Commerce business line in Sovrn, everything from the customer-facing web app, to the backend APIs, databases, and infrastructure.
We are constantly exploring new opportunities, both business and technical, and adapting to the market. We move fast, learn quickly, and have fun while doing it.
About the Job
As Engineering Manager for the Commerce team, you will be responsible for the technical operation and evolution of our affiliate marketing business, but, as an experienced engineering manager, you likely know that what you’ll really be doing is making trade-offs to solve the most important problems or exploit the most valuable opportunities.
In this role, you’ll manage 1-2 full-stack teams. Our development teams fully embrace DevOps so you'll manage cross-functional teams of engineers that not only develop the application but code our infrastructure and operate the product. You'll also work with the team Product Managers to balance new feature development with operational work, and technical debt. Doing all this while supporting your direct reports to help them grow in their careers.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Engineering management and mentorship of 1-2 cross-functional, agile engineering teams
- Hire, on-board, mentor and retain talent in a diverse team of engineers.
- Understand and communicate the business domain, and how it affects requirement and implementation details.
- In partnership with the Product Managers, develop, execute and influence the product roadmap.
- Track and improve key engineering metrics.
- Empower the engineering team to design, implement, deliver and support the applications that will push our business forward.
- Improve code quality and foster a culture of strong engineering design, delivery and quality.
- Strategically identify technical debt and develop a plan for prioritization.
- Work with other engineering leaders to continuously improve the overall development processes.
- Break down a full project plan into incremental deliveries, and track the team’s work against those steps.
You are an empathic leader, excellent communicator, strong on program management and organizing a diverse team. You are engaging and possess strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to foster great collaboration. You’re comfortable working with a wide variety of people, and respect the perspectives of those that disagree with you. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- 3+ years of engineering management experience.
- Experience with incident management and workflows.
- Experience with (and opinions about) Kanban, Scrum, and Agile development processes.
- Experience driving operational maturity (on-call, alerting, monitoring).
- Excel in a fast paced startup-like development environment.
- Passion and drive to help the team improve and deliver great products.
- Active listening and respect for others opinions and ideas.
- Technical enough to understand the products and what the team is doing.
- Demonstrated success in coaching and mentoring others.
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, AWS or another cloud platform.
- Experience working with remote engineering teams geographically distributed across the world
- Experience building and operating SaaS web applications
Position Reports to: Director, Software Engineering
Location: Denver/Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Diego, New York, and London.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $165,000 to $180,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.