Business Development Representative, Sponsored Content
About the Team
As a member of the Sovrn Commerce Demand team, you will help demand partners (merchants, networks and agencies) earn incremental sales via our large and growing network of influential publishers. We hold our relationships with demand/merchant partners second to none and pride ourselves on our ability to keep our clients extremely happy. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn.
About the Job
The Commerce Sponsored Content Business Development Representative (BDR) will be responsible for growing Sovrn’s Sponsored Content revenue and manage a number of CPA merchant relationships. The BDR will maintain and expand relationships with traditional affiliate networks, agencies, and merchants focused primarily on growing affiliate and sponsored content revenue. The BDR is expected to achieve sales targets and strategic objectives, by representing the entire range of Sovrn’s commerce products and services to these key accounts, while ensuring that all campaigns and customer needs are met.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Provide demand partners with strategic guidance and tactical support to ensure success across all Sovrn Commerce touchpoints, with a central focus on long-term revenue and client retention
- New revenue growth from within your defined affiliate merchants and networks.
- Promote Sovrn to a wide range of affiliate managers and buyers of digital advertising spend.
- Manage and achieve an individual revenue growth target.
- Facilitate insertion orders and advertising campaigns on behalf of Sovrn’s merchant partners.
- Responsible for the efficient day to day running of assigned customers focusing on retention & growth of accounts.
- Take ownership of client needs/requests and facilitate their completion.
- Develop custom partner solutions when appropriate.
- Develop a tactical action plan to expand partnerships.
- Analysis of merchant performance to identify trends and opportunities.
- Ensure all business contacts and proposals are recorded and updated in Salesforce.
- Set a professional example in behavior, attitude, and results at all times.
- Uphold the company’s position and integrity at all times, particularly within the realms of confidentiality and discretion.
- Be the voice of the customer, within the business, so we continue to adapt to customer requirements.
You’re driven, thoughtful, and curious. You are highly coachable while being able to work autonomously. You recognize and act on opportunities to be proactive when supporting clients and providing world class customer service. Above all, you love learning, and sharing what you know.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field; or equivalent professional working experience
- 1+ years of account management experience
- Strong verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A deep appreciation for the team dynamic and is able to maintain composure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to read, organize, and analyze large data sets in order to identify trends and develop actionable recommendations
- A passion for problem solving and turning challenges into opportunities for business growth
- An interest in and willingness to learn the technical underpinnings of how to build, maintain, and grow a thriving digital business
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills
Location: Boulder, CO
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Sovrn provides products and services to thousands of online publishers to help them understand, operate and grow their business. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, with offices in New York, San Diego and London.
With thousands of customers deploying advertising, affiliate marketing, and data products across 40,000 websites, Sovrn reaches over 300 million active consumers across more than 11 billion pageviews every day. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don't.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $70,000 to $90,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills and certifications.
Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance, 11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.