Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
We seek customer-focused, product engineers who can build and test features end-to-end, support systems in production, and who can collaborate with the broader team on architectural design, technical debt, and the overall development process.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Software Engineer, Full Stack committed to high standards of excellence to help us continue to build world class products for our customers! The right candidate is technically strong on the front end (React) as well as the backend (Python), with an emphasis on backend best practices.
Spekit is an engineering and product-focused company. As a software engineer at Spekit, you'll be focused on solidifying the core Spekit building blocks and creating and improving an experience to make Spekit a part of everyday work for users.
Spekit has a remote-first engineering team with employees based in the US, Mexico, and Pakistan. We take our core value of Learning seriously. You will learn alongside our other talented engineers, and have first-class support by our experienced management and leadership teams.
If you’re a do-er who thrives in a fast paced environment and wants to leverage your expertise to make real, measurable impacts on the future of an organization, we want to hear from you!
**This is a contract role based in MX
- At least 6+ years in software development
- A Graduate or Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, or similar technical related field
- Excellent software engineering fundamentals such as SOLID principles, design patterns, UML and other forms of systems design collaboration
- Experience with Python (+ Django / Django-Rest, and Dramatiq), PostgreSQL, Redis, & RabbitMQ
- Experience with React
- A test-first mindset, with experience writing unit tests for both Django and React applications
- Experience building and scaling web applications to broad audiences
- Needs to be located in Pakistan
- Needs to be able to work in MST - EST time zones
What we’re looking for in you
- Problem solver: You are not shy about diving into complex problems. You’re determined to find the simplest solution, even if that solution is hard work. If you don’t know the answer, you seek others out with domain knowledge so that you can learn and make an impact. You have a willingness to work through unexpected roadblocks and leave improvements behind so that others don’t hit those same roadblocks.
- Influence: You can communicate a vision and you have the tactical knowledge to help our team incrementally get there.
- Curiosity: You can take a vague description of a feature and find the answers necessary to come up with a plan for development. You find the unknowns and work in a way to flush them out as soon as possible. You use small iterations and copious amounts of feedback to make sure you are on the right track. Where feedback loops are large, you propose ways to reduce the size of the loop
- Quality: We hate bugs and we test first. We look for root causes. We recognize complexity is a source of bugs, so seek ways, in both the product and the code, to do things more simply
- Technical excellence: You are proud of the work you merge to production. You stand behind the pull requests you approve. Every line of code has a purpose. We solve today's problems today, and have the confidence and ability to solve tomorrow's problems tomorrow. You are not your code. You seek criticism and engage in discussion because you want to be better
- Product-based mindset: We think long-term with the product vision in mind. We empathize with the customer - whether that customer is an end user, another team, a 3rd party integrator, or Spekit's own employees. You have a desire to develop a product that end users LOVE to use on a day to day basis!
- Building browser extensions
- DOM manipulation
- Monorepo tooling
- Design systems
- Automated acceptance testing