Director, Strategic Partnerships
Sales & Business Development
Denver, CO, USA · Remote
Posted on Monday, December 11, 2023
StackHawk helps software developers find and fix security vulnerabilities before they deploy code to production. Every modern software development organization has shifted from quarterly releases to daily or hourly releases, incorporating Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CI/CD). In the modern world of FinTech, HealthTech, cloud analytics and AI platforms, customers are entrusting their most critical data to software providers. Periodic manual security testing by an external team is simply too risky. Because of this, modern software development organizations are extending CI/CD to encompass Continuous Application and API Security Testing. This way, security can “shift left,” meaning vulnerabilities can be detected while the developer is actively working on the code.
StackHawk has completed its Series B fundraise, and with this funding, will continue to invest in maintaining the market-leading position in developer-first API security testing, and support rapid customer and employee growth. Application and API security is an exciting market, where more than 43% of global decision makers are looking to implement dynamic application security testing during software development, and where companies will spend more than $3B in 2023 on application security testing products - which represents a massive opportunity for StackHawk. StackHawk is building out a team of leaders and team members that will capitalize on market pull, and enable growth-phase scale of the business.
We're seeing rapid growth and looking for a Director of Strategic Partnerships. In this role, you will own and drive pipeline growth from StackHawk’s strategic partners. You will lead the strategy and implementation of high-impact partner activities designed to generate a pipeline of qualified prospects for sales and increase brand awareness of StackHawk’s application security SaaS platform within the application security ecosystem. Your objectives will include targeting ICP partners and collaborating with GTM and leadership teams to drive, monitor, and manage partner lead flow to the sales organization.
This position will report to the SVP of Marketing as a key position on the StackHawk leadership team, partnering closely with our Sales, GTM, and Senior Leadership. Your role will be highly visible and vital to the organization’s growth strategy. This role is onsite or hybrid flexible. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado with remote employees across the country.
What You'll Do
- Own the strategy and execution for growing revenue pipeline from StackHawk’s strategic partners (i.e. resellers, VARs, and channel partners).
- Own StackHawk’s reseller and partner relationships and build a growth plan for identifying new partners.
- Track partner performance and opportunity pipeline
- Understand the Application Security ecosystem and work closely with StackHawk senior leadership to identify and deepen partner relationships including potential tech integrations, co-marketing, and other “better together” partners.
- Work within all levels of large partner organizations and have a thorough understanding of StackHawk's solution and the business value to partners and customers.
- Collaborate with StackHawk’s business development and GTM teams to develop, grow and ensure performance of partner-driven deal pipeline.
- Establish new processes for streamlining partner relationships, deal registration, and partner sales enablement.
- Build relationships with both Marketing and Product roles within target partners to identify demand gen and integration opportunities and work with Marketing, Product, and Sales to execute.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to support key launches and integrations as aligned to our product roadmap and support key activities that enable and extend partner success.
- Lead regular partner performance and relationship reviews with stakeholders
- Proven track record for managing and scaling partnership relationships with direct accountability for pipeline creation and growth.
- You’ve worked closely with Business Development, Sales and SDR leadership to drive cohesive strategies to penetrate target markets, accelerate growth, and impact revenue goals. • You have a data-driven mindset and experience analyzing business/campaign results to provide regional recommendations.
- You have a knack for identifying trends, challenging the numbers and looking for new market opportunities.
- You are experienced in scaling partner marketing efforts across Channel, Alliances, or GTM motions
- You are excited about how StackHawk fits into the AppSec ecosystem and can evangelize and enroll others in the vision.
- You have strong relationship and negotiation skills and look for the win/win in situations
- You can build a strategic approach to partner revenue while also comfortably rolling up your sleeves, when needed, and work collaboratively with Marketing and Product to execute on campaigns such as regional field events, industry conferences, webinars, etc.
- You find creative ways to overcome obstacles and build relationships that have people want to help.
- You know how and when to leverage Product, Marketing, and senior management to further goals.
- You are adept at building alignment and shared goals across a variety of roles.
- You thrive in the startup world and leverage experiments and tests to drive the business forward
- Competitive Compensation: Earn a competitive salary and get an equity stake in the company that we are building together.
- Solid Benefits: Health, dental, and vision insurance 100% paid for employees and dependents. Other benefits include life insurance, AD&D, and 401K.
- Time to Recharge Encouraged: Take what you need vacation plus ten paid holidays! Unplug, recharge, and come back refreshed.
- Fun Team and Perks: We do great work and have fun doing it! We take care of our employees… We’ll contribute to your WFH setup and hook you up with occasional at-home perks. Plus, work with a team that loves to have fun while doing our work!
- Place Where Your Work Matters and You Grow: As a Series B company, your work shapes the product that we are building. Nothing beats arriving at work every day knowing that your work deeply matters, and there is no better opportunity to grow in your career.
At StackHawk, we constantly strive to create an environment that allows our employees (Hawks) to do the best work of their lives. With our roots beginning in downtown Denver Colorado, we have many folks based in the Mountain time zone with the rest of our Hawks working remotely across the United States
We are also committed to keeping Hawks healthy, motivated, focused, and creative. We've designed our top-notch benefits program with these goals in mind. In a nutshell, we've built a place where we truly love working, we think you will too.
StackHawk is made up of people from a wide variety of backgrounds and lifestyles. We embrace diversity and invite applications from people of all walks of life. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences. Also, if you have a disability, please let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process better for you; we're happy to accommodate!