Public Relations Manager
Location: Connecticut, New Jersey, New York - hybrid
Public Relations Manager
Techstars is looking for an experienced Public Relations Manager to join our Brand & Communications team. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of the media landscape and a proven track record of building strong relationships with journalists and influencers in the Financial Services industry. You will be responsible for creating and executing public relations strategies to increase our firm's visibility and build brand recognition within the venture capital industry.
About the role:
- Elevate Techstars’ brand and visibility in technology and business press
- Track mentions of Techstars and relevant news about the Venture Capital industry and sectors related to Techstars’ practice areas including fintech, health tech, deep tech, web3, climate tech (among others), and leverage to develop outreach plans in partnership with program and internal teams
- Work closely with internal teams to draft briefing materials and talking points for business leaders across Techstars
- Drive opportunities for thought leadership including securing conference speaking engagements, byline placement, etc.
- Draft and edit press releases related to Techstars’ corporate and accelerator initiatives
- Develop and maintain communications materials for consistent messaging and alignment
- Provide resources and templates to enable accelerator investment teams to execute successful accelerator-related marketing and communications, including application open, class announcement, Demo Day, joint corporate partner activities and additional news
- Build and maintain strong media relationships
- Collaborate with other members of the Brand & Communications team to broaden story reach and impact
- Experience in financial services, tech or B2B communications
- Strong time management skills with the ability to balance multiple priorities at once
- Comfortable and effective in working with and providing strategic communications guidance to a variety of leaders across the business and among various external stakeholder groups
- Strong writing skills and proven media relations experience
- Informed reader of technology and business news
- Experience pitching and securing speaking opportunities at industry conferences and events
- Demonstrated understanding of target audiences such as LPs, VCs, entrepreneurs and the technology industry with the ability to refine communications with appropriate tone and compelling storyline attributes
- 3-5 years agency or in-house experience
Compensation: $80,000 - $100,000 with 10% bonus
The Techstars worldwide network helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas—entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation, and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success of entrepreneurs. In addition to operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, we do this by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. Techstars has invested in more than 3,000 companies that today have a combined market cap valuation of $97.9 Billion. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following:
Something looks off?