Location: New York - hybrid
Techstars is seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our Revenue Team as an Account Manager. In this role, you will play a key part in managing and expanding client accounts while fostering collaboration and delivering exceptional customer satisfaction.
As an Account Manager at Techstars, you will be responsible for managing and growing strategic partnership accounts. Your role will involve working closely with existing partners, understanding their needs, and ensuring they receive maximum value from our solutions. You will be a trusted advisor to our clients, fostering strong relationships, and aligning their goals with our business strategy.
About the role:
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing partners, ensuring their goals are aligned with our solutions and success metrics are identified
- Work closely with partners and internal teams to develop joint success plans, aligning your partner’s needs with our offerings
- Identify opportunities for account expansion and upselling while constantly assessing partner satisfaction and increasing renewal opportunities
- Serve as the 'voice of the partner,' providing internal feedback on how we can better serve our strategic partners to maximize returns and retention
- Handle partner escalations and collaborate with cross-functional teams to resolve any issues effectively
- Contribute to improving our strategic partnership engagement and account management strategies
- You are passionate about building a career in enterprise sales
- You have a proven and successful track record operating in a sales environment
- You have a creative mind with a passion for helping people
- Interested in the discourse around tech, startups, entrepreneurship, and venture capital
- Thrive while working in a distributed/independent environment - you are incredibly self-driven and organized
- The idea of working cross-functionally across Techstars and with other companies to come up with innovative solutions and ideas excites you
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, particularly in a high-pressure environment, working with high-value partners
- Strong communication skills including writing to draft prospecting campaigns and marketing collateral to further relationships with existing clients
- Strong research skills with the ability to source high-quality prospects and develop strategies to expand our product offers with strategic partners
- 3-5 years of experience in enterprise account management or similar roles
- Proven cold call sales experience - clear communication, strong listener with the ability to ask the right questions, in addition to persuasive presentation skills
- Proficient with corporate productivity and web presentation tools - namely, Zoom, Google Suite (Docs, Sheets, and Slides), Salesforce/Pipedrive/other sales CRM tools, etc.
- Experience with venture capital a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience
Compensation: $100,000 base with 10% bonus
Techstars is the most active pre-seed investor in the world having invested through its accelerators in more than 3,700 companies. Founded in 2006, Techstars believes that entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to invest in an unprecedented number of startups per year enabling more capital to flow to more entrepreneurs around the world. We do this by operating accelerator programs and venture capital funds, as well as by connecting startups, investors, corporations, and cities to help build thriving startup communities. www.techstars.com
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental handicaps or disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity nor any other basis prohibited by law.
Techstars uses E-Verify to check the work authorization of all new hires. For more information about E-Verify, please see the following: