Business Associate, Techstars NYC
Interested in becoming an associate for Techstars NYC? You will help build the next amazing batch of startups as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs, to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode beyond all reasonable comprehension. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings and get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars social events with the founders and local community.
This is a chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, get exposure to some of the greatest up and coming companies and teams in the country.
Historically, most business associates end up being employed by one of the Techstars companies or by someone they meet during the span of the three months. Many also go on to build their own companies.
General Job Description
As a business associate you will use your strategy, operations, finance and marketing skills to support our portfolio companies. In this generalist role you'll work with the class of startups to help them build their business in a variety of ways - you’ll help them with growth, business development work, research, financial modeling, operations, and whatever else they need to build incredible companies. You will gain access to all 12 companies in our class and we expect that you will help accelerate the companies' growth throughout the program.
- Currently live in New York City or would be willing to live here for the duration of the program from March 11, 2024 through June 6, 2024. Willing to commit to the equivalent of a full-time position during this time period. Schedule is flexible but a strong commitment is expected.
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- You should be a jack of all trades and have a varied skill set.
- Ideally: BA in business, finance, sales, and/or minimum 2 years relevant experience (financial modeling, growth hacking, lead generation, etc.)
- Huge Plus: experience with financial modeling (especially 3-Statement Models)
- Able to jump in and complete any task quickly and effectively.
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator.
- A drive to get better every single day and are always looking for opportunities to learn.
- A positive outlook, desire to learn and meet new people, lots of energy and enthusiasm.
- Authorized to work as a contractor in the United States.
- Dirk Lehmann – Techstars Associate Programme: The Better Startup MBA?
- Duc Luan Dam - Luan, do you ever sleep? (Being an Associate at Techstars part 1)
Techstars helps entrepreneurs succeed. Through the Techstars Worldwide Entrepreneur Network, founders and their teams connect with other entrepreneurs, experts, mentors, alumni, investors, community leaders, and corporate partners who will help their companies grow.
Techstars operates four divisions: Techstars Startup Programs, Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Programs, Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships, and the Techstars Venture Capital Fund. Techstars Mentorship-Driven Accelerator Program supercharges success and Techstars Startup Programs inspire, educate and connect entrepreneurs. Techstars Venture Capital Fund invests in the most innovative and disruptive Techstars companies to fuel their success. Techstars Corporate Innovation Partnerships helps brands create world-changing products and services. Techstars accelerator portfolio includes more than 1,000 companies with a market cap of $8.1 billion.
Techstars is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, national origin, religion, physical or mental disabilities, marital status, Veteran status, sexual orientation, nor any other basis prohibited by law.