Sr. Technical Support Ops Analyst
IT, Customer Service, Operations
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Sunday, March 13, 2022
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Our goal is unsurpassed customer-focused support while valuing each team member to meet our company goals and company culture.
As a Technical Support Operations Analyst, you will work closely with the rest of the Customer Solutions team to analyze data that can be used to design and run programs for the team. We want to promote communication, unblock teams, and ensure we are building the right things at the right time. You will work with autonomy, understand the support team's needs, and influence through data-driven decisions.
What you'll do:
- Lead the support team by ensuring they have the tools to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Manage and uphold the support processes.
- Create and maintain documentation for the team's work processes.
- Assess the technical needs of the Support Team and Customer Solutions team and propose improvements on enablement.
- Manage onboarding and Training schedules for the Support Team
- Identify gaps in our Support Enablement and Onboarding processes and work with the team to implement changes.
- Identify gaps in the support process and work with leadership to create Standard Operating Procedures.
- Create a professional rapport with the team by helping them feel their request is your most important priority.
- Ensure the team is meeting defined metrics by running reports and making data transparent.
- Monitor team performance and achievements using KPIs and provide updates to leadership.
You should have:
- Help establish programs and development of operations for the Support Engineering team by evaluating existing processes and determining what is not working, needs to be improved, or what we are missing.
- Develop clear, concise Salesforce and Jira reports and dashboards of Support cases and escalation tickets.
- Help track and manage team meeting calendars and shift schedules.
- Work with vendors (when applicable) to resolve teams' work tools and software application issues.
- Contribute to continuous improvement efforts for internal processes and customer solutions.
- Understand the end-to-end support case handling and escalation processes.
- Assist with Team projects as needed.
- Meet personal and team targets and objectives.
- Take ownership of requests and projects from start to finish.
- Track time and work using Asana and Jira ticketing systems.
- Combination of onsite support & remote support.
- Personal development and continual learning.
- Highly motivated to learn new skills through software and application.
A big Plus
- Salesforce Administration
- Experience in software integration in Salesforce
- Jira Project Administration
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!
By submitting your application, you agree to Alation’s Global Privacy Notice for Candidates. If you are submitting this application on behalf of another individual, you represent that you are authorized to submit this application on their behalf and accept the Notice.