Sales Engineer - India
Sales & Business Development
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Friday, December 30, 2022
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
We are in a new insights-driven world, and our customers look to us to help them foster data-driven cultures. Our sales directors play a strategic role in this process, drawing insights from our clients and shaping the direction of the company. Innovative brands like American Express, eBay, SurveyMonkey, and PepsiCo have all made Alation core to their data efforts. And, nearly every enterprise in the world would benefit from the simple, yet transformative value of Alation.
We are looking for smart, technical people who understand how Alation can be leveraged to solve our clients’ problems. We expect our Sales Engineers to roll up their sleeves and work with our clients, side-by-side, to tackle problems that, if solved, may generate exponential returns on investment. At Alation, our Sales Engineers take a consultative approach to selling and managing pre-sales engagements-- and continually look for ways to improve solutions for our customers.
Life at Alation
- Fast and fulfilling. We get excited about our work and move the ball forward.
- Aggressive yet fair goals. You will feel challenged and rewarded for meeting those challenges head on.
- Constantly improving. We experiment on our ideas and hone them into best practices.
- Working as a team. Marketing and sales are in sync and working towards the same goals.
- People first. Intelligence and humility are prized.
What You'll Be Doing
- Meet with prospective customers, gather use cases and product requirements, and demonstrate capabilities of Alation platform.
- Work alongside the sales team to provide technical and project management expertise. Lead and assist in complex RFP responses. Bring trial accounts to successful transition to paid customers.
- Strive to increase user adoption through trainings, community building, gamification, marketing events, etc.
- Rely on quantitative data and qualitative customer feedback to paint a picture of customer experience.
- Constantly think about how you can improve experience of both your customers and your team.
You Should Have
- At least 3 years of experience in sales engineering, customer success, management consulting, or account management.
- Impressive intellectual horsepower. Demonstrated outstanding problem solving skills, curiosity, and a desire to grow.
- High EQ. Ability to empathize with users’ and customers’ challenges, and link Alation’s value to the challenges.
- A strong technical background, including (but not limited to!) a general understanding of data analytics ecosystem, SQL knowledge and an engineering background are both huge pluses.
- Energy and "hacker mindset" Appetite for working in a startup environment, and excellent ability to get things done.
- Passion for Data and Analytics - We believe in a world where informed decision-making is the norm, and we would love it if you share this vision.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!