Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Posted on Tuesday, February 7, 2023
Due to its remote and hybrid culture, Alation conducts all of its interviewing and onboarding virtually.
Big Data isn’t a problem. It’s an opportunity.
At Alation, we help people find, understand, and trust data. So they not only excel in their work — they drive value for their enterprise, team, and role. In the words of one customer, “Alation makes me look like a rockstar.”
We help companies like Pfizer and Salesforce empower their people with the best data every day. As a platform for innovation, Alation helps customers create game-changing solutions (like a program for early-stage disease detection with Pfizer) and connect people to great data in less time (like Salesforce, whose analysts can now find data 35% faster). And we’re just getting started.
With more than $340M in funding - valued at over $1.7 billion and 450+ customers with household names - Alation is poised to capitalize on data as an opportunity. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Alation was named to Inc. Magazine’s Best Workplaces list for the fourth time, and our exceptional Glassdoor rating reflects a culture that makes coming to work each day a joy. Do you want to join a team that welcomes new ideas, supports your growth, and recognizes your unique value?
Alation is seeking to hire an energetic and capable AR Manager to partner with the team to continue to build a great accounting organization. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Revenue Accounting, this role is critical in supporting the Company's continued track record of strong growth and driving a scalable and efficient operation. In this role, you'll strengthen and grow relationships with clients by communicating with customers regarding past-due accounts. You will assist in streamlining and improving the Accounts Receivable process identifying areas of performance improvement. The ideal person has experience in a fast-paced startup environment. The candidate is goal orientated and will see challenges as opportunities and not be comfortable settling for the status quo.
At Alation you will:
- Oversee the accounts receivable functions of the company and work closely with operations team to generate invoices while ensuring accuracy and timeliness of the invoicing process in Netsuite.
- Work with customers and Alation’s sales team to resolve outstanding issues related to billing and collections.
- Track key metrics and drive improvement of those metrics including time to invoice and DSO.
- Report the status of customer collections to management weekly including actions items for collecting those open receivables.
- Prepare Bad Debt Reserve calculation.
- Establish and lead credit worthiness of the customers and provide feedback to sales team.
- Suggest and drive process improvements for the AR function including implementing the Netsuite dunning process.
- Partner with FP&A on cash forecasts.
- Review AR journal entries and monthly account reconciliations prepared by the Senior AR Accountant.
- Manage and guide the Senior AR Accountant.
You may be a fit if you:
- 10+ years of experience in Accounts Receivable, Collections, and people management.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting.
- Demonstrated knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Experience in NetSuite.
- Software/SaaS billing experience.
- Must be able to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment for themselves and their team.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced environment, solve complicated problems, motivated to implement improvements, to inspire change while staying within the company’s culture being collaborative and inclusive.
- Ability to work with sales team and educate them on company accounts receivable policies.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong excel skills.
More About Alation
Our founders have come together from different backgrounds: business, engineering, and design. This unique mix from our founding team is important to the Alation culture story. Today, our team consists of creators and communicators with varied backgrounds - from Stanford, to the Indian Institute of Technology, big companies and one-person startups, the United States, and abroad. We continue to seek ever more diverse perspectives as we grow.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on
the basis of race, name, religion, color, national origin, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Market-Leading Data Catalog Provider
- High-growth, collaborative environment with diverse and inclusive teams
- Continuous learning, enrichment and development opportunities
- Competitive pay and health offerings including commuter benefits
- Flexible time off to relax and recharge
and much, much more!